5

The taxi stopped in front of a double-fronted house with two floors in a posh neighbourhood. Anya took a deep breath, walked up the stairs and rang the doorbell. A light breeze ruffled her untied straight hair and blew some leaves onto the wrap-around porch.

Jill, as beautiful as she appeared in pictures, opened the door and ushered her inside. They shared a small hug. Anya can't stop admiring her long-tousled strawberry blonde hair, which looked natural instead of hours of work. If Jill tied it in a messy bun, she would still look gorgeous.

"We are grateful that you picked us among hundreds of people to give your perspective."

Smiling, Anya divulged, "A podcast seemed easier for me. I'm still navigating being in the spotlight."

"It is an honour, Anya. Please mention it in the podcast. On the bright side, you are among our few guests who have respected their allotted time. Now, my brother has another reason to praise you."

Anya chuckled, following her upstairs to a vast room with floor-to-ceiling windows. Natural afternoon light glowed on the grey and taupe combined interior. Twelve hexagon-sized mirrors created a funky vibe on the plain wall. Tangled electricity cords lay on the pink bean bag, the sole colourful furniture in the room.

Jack rushed, almost falling into collision with a tripod to greet her.

"Hello, Anya, this is a dream coming true. We can't tell you enough how lucky we are that you picked us."

Anya blushed and nodded.

"Yeah, my brother is head over heels in love with you," Jill joked, earning a playful frown from her brother.

Jack flirted with her while Jill covered the shenanigans with unending praises for Anya's bravery and beauty. They have mastered a way of conversing, which makes them likeable.

"We'll film a small segment for our YouTube, less than a minute, as an advertisement for our podcast. We'll post it tonight to hype viewers and release the podcast on Wednesday morning."

"Okay"

They briefed her on the topics. Jill re-touched her makeup and styled her hair with a few pins. Anya thanked her, and they gathered at the table.

Remember, look natural and be yourself.

An older woman who shared a facial resemblance with the siblings arrived with a camera and a tray of cute floral cups of tea.

"Hello dear, fancy a cuppa," she asked.

"Yes, thank you."

"Anya, this is our mum and camerawoman," Jill introduced.

"Nice to meet you."

Jack and Jill started with the preliminary, introducing their guests while their mother recorded them. Then, she shifted the camera on Anya and raised a thumb.

Anya introduced herself and recited the small script Jill had prepared for her.

"Perfect, I'll start working on the editing. You guys carry on," she informed and left.

Jill began the questions. Anya stated her age, the schools she attended and a brief introduction of her parents. The siblings talked about the airport incident, narrating it for their loyal and new listeners who weren't aware of this tale.

At that moment, immersing in Jill's fierce tone, Anya low-key regretted not slapping Emre across the face.

What is he even doing in Chicago?