6

Anya's chunky heels echoed on the warehouse's epoxy floors. When the taxi driver dropped her at the given address, she almost concluded through shaky hands that Kiara's bad luck shifted on her.

Upon noticing some men in matching blue polo shirts and trousers unloading shoe boxes from a white lorry with the Bella Strides logo painted in bold pink, she sighed in relief.

Still, it's a warehouse.

Stairs, stairs, stairs – first room on the right after climbing the stairs, it's what one of the guys had told her at the entrance.

At last, she spotted them. One could get their day-to-day 10k steps just by working here. Anya ascended, regretting not wearing her white trainers. Exhaling through her mouth, she kept a neutral face despite her burning calves.

Bella Strides is all about statement heels.

She decided to make a favourable first impression by wearing black round-toe chunky heels on her black Palazzo pants and a tucked floral navy blouse. If she had exerted some energy to research the address online, she would have shown up in a tracksuit bottom and jumper.

Before knocking on the pecan-brown door, Anya fixed her hair and took a deep breath.

"Come in."

She twisted the knob and pushed the door gently. A wide smile plastered on the tall brunette's face when she stood up.

"Welcome to Bella Strides. Please, have a seat. Some of us bet you'll have second thoughts. Some didn't expect you'd even reply to us," she mentioned as she shook Anya's hand.

"Oh"

That's not new at all. Anya is getting the celebrity's treatment a lot nowadays. Going viral has its positive perks.

Anya read her name tag – Sophie, before sitting on the faded grey swivel chair. She tightened her bag's handle on her lap.

"I have to ask you the question. Why did you pick us? I'm certain many businesses more popular than ours are attempting to capture your attention."

STAND OUT – that's the evident reason. Anya, however, used the safer way – compliments.

"I have always admired Bella Strides heels. I gifted my mum a pair of ruby stilettos a few years ago. It's still in mint condition. I have worn it too on special occasions. It's affordable and stylish – what more can a girl ask for."

Sophie nodded with a genuine grin. Way to go, Anya.

"Okay, that's even better. A few important questions: have you ever done any modelling before?"

"No, I have not."

"You don't have to be a professional. We'll need a few shots of you walking confidently, wearing our heels."

"I can do that."

"That's the spirit. Now, have you ever promoted a product?"

"No, but my parents own a business. I picked up a few things."

"You're very new at this. We checked your socials. You are not active online."

"No again, but my followers skyrocketed to ninety-five thousand since my wedding day."

"Oh, I'm sorry about that."

"It's fine. I'm fortunate for escaping misery."

"I like that line," Sophie smiled, twirling a pen between her fingers. "Fortunate for escaping misery, we could play with the words. We would have the perfect tagline. You are a genius, Anya."