Chapter 44: The sweetness of daily life

Chapter 44:

"It's really late. I think it's about time we head home," Shion smiled joyfully as he held Orion's phone.

The previously opened google maps had been closed after the streets became more recognizable.

"I'll send you home then," replied Orion regretfully.

Having spent so many hours with Orion, he was also beginning to feel slightly exhausted, but still he hoped that tonight would never end.

Orion hesitated for a few moments, "I'll come find you tomorrow."

"Haven't you skipped enough work yet?" Shion laughed lightly.

Orion blushed slightly hearing the accusation in Shion's words. It was true, someone with as high a standing in the world as Orion could never take off as many days and nights as he had so far. Orion had only managed to spend days accompanying Shion simply because he had forcefully made Levi rearrange his schedule to clear out a week block under the threat of doing it himself.

Chuckling guiltily, Orion rubbed his head as he defended, "I officially took a week off, so I still have a few days to spare."

"Oh, an in-demand model and high ranking member of the Lukenlore company can casually take a week off?" Shion doubtfully pondered out loud.

Putting both his hands in the air, Orion surrendered, "Ok, ok, I told Levi that if he didn't rearrange my schedule and clear a week for me, I'd do it myself and scared him half to death."

"...Don't organise anything. If you touch your schedule I'm sure you'd make it that you're in Paris in the morning and New York by the afternoon. Your ability to organise is at the same level as my piano playing," Shion cringed.

Rolling his eyes, Orion grumbled, "Then you don't play piano. I don't want my ears to bleed and die. The noise you make can shock someone to epic proportions for all the wrong reasons."

"I can still make noise. It's fine. My fingers are famous for their ability to type on computer keys no piano keys," Shion blurted arrogantly while turning up his nose.

At his arrogant comment, Orion reached up and pinched Shion's nose.

"Don't be so arrogant, little prince," Orion snorted happily.

Feeling the light touch on his nose, Shion swatted away the hand while complaining about injustice. However, while Shion accepted this gesture as if it were part of normal everyday life, Orion was on the border of having his heart bust out of his chest. He'd taken liberties with Shion before, and their skin-to-skin contact wasn't little; however, even touching Shion's cute little nose gave him such a thrill. Originally, he thought he'd never be able to touch Shion again, but despite everything, feeling the soft tissue under is fingers, Orion could practically feel his heart beating out of his chest. He happily retrieved his hand with a light laugh after being swatted away as he basked in the euphoric feel of skin contact with his beloved. He felt like a high school boy. Correction, his high school self was a bastard through and through. He felt like a smitten high school boy. Pulling up outside of Shion's home, Orion felt the need to add touch to his farewell. However, knowing that he'd just made up with Shion, he didn't want to break the level of trust that he'd built up through threading sickly sweet words together in a heartfelt apology. Knowing he probably wouldn't be able to come up with such heartfelt words for while, Orion stuck with contact that was a little bit more acceptable. Sitting in a parked car outside of the large house, Orion smiled gently as he rustled Shion's hair with enough force to turn it into a chicken nest.