Chapter 13

I made my way over to Leanne as she smiled predatory at me.

"Riley." She whispered whilst kissing my hand. Her touch made me feel uncomfortable. It really did give me the heebie jeebies.

"Leanne." I smiled forcefully.

We both sat down, and a waitress approached us. She looked intimidated by Leanne's stare almost as if she'd seen her before.

"I'll have a Sparkling water with ice and a slice of lime please." I requested.

The waitress smiled brightly at me and then turned her attention to Leanne.

"A large merlot please." Her tone abrupt.

The waitress started to shake whilst nodding her head. She looked at me and I gave reassuring smile, then glancing over to Alexa who was at the bar. I couldn't help but let my eyes wonder to her. She must have felt my eyes on her because she turned around and gave me a seducing smile, I jumped in my seat feeling the heat starting to spread in my stomach, I should not have done that- I rephrase; She should not have done that.

"See something you like, Riley?" Her words were bitter, almost laced with jealousy.

My body tensed feeling the anguish behind them. However the smirk on her face told me everything I needed to know.

"Sorry. I was in a daze. It's been one of those weeks." My voice was utterly unconvincing and the python infront of me sensed it.

Her head turned slowly to avert her attention to what caught mine. Almost as if Alexa could sense the motion, she revealed the back of her head, earning a my sigh of relief.

"I thought it was rude to flirt with someone else whist you were at dinner with someone else." The brunette spat in distaste her eyes burning a hole through my face.

I stared at her wondering where the hell that came from.

I frowned. "About that, why did you really ask me to dine with you tonight?" I quirked confidently, genuine curiosity laced my words.

She sat there her gaze softened a notch, reaching for my hand. I tried pulling it away from her, but she kept squeezing. Her nails digging into my skin, I looked over at Alexa who was staring a hole through Leannes head whilst her hand tightened around her glass.

My eyes locked with Leanne as she held her hard stare. I matched the expression. Not giving her any satisfaction that she was causing me immense pain. She loosened her grip ever so slightly.

"Are you single, Riley?" she asked slowly, trying to pry information out of me.

"Yes." I said quickly, too quickly.

Leanne's grip tightened on my hand again. I tried to pull away, but her nails only dug into my hand deeper. I gave her a cold stare whilst she smirked.

"Answer me honestly when I ask you a question." I sent her daggers hoping that would be enough of a response.

"I'm going to ask you again, are you single. Riley?" My relationship status said yes but my heart said no.

"No." I deadpanned.

"Who is she?" She pulled us closer over the table as I pulled my weight back. But her grip got even tighter. I looked down, I'd managed to ignore the pain enough that I didn't see the blood pooling on the back of my hand due to Leannes talons.

I couldn't take it anymore, this person who I'd met less than a month ago was manipulating me, I'm not going to allow this, I don't play games. I looked over to Alexa she was staring at me intently trying to figure out how she still had my hand.

Her eyebrows raised questioning the situation I was in right now. She could read the compromising position I was in.
I looked back to Leanne. She tightened her grip with more force causing me to let out a small gasp. My hand throbbing, the pain becoming unbearable. The blood slowly running down my hand slowly, I fought back the tears threatening to escape.

"I'm warning you Riley. If you remove your attention from me one more time. I will punish you." The words were threatening but not empty.

"How will you punish me? Why do you keep threatening that? I don't even know you and you're acting like my mother Miss Layton." My words disrupted something in the predator because her expression dropped slightly like she lost her cocky edge.

"It's Mistress, not Miss. Layton." Right on cue my phone started ringing.

"I have to take this." I spat. Leanne's grip retightened on my hand and I gasped because she stuck her nails deeper into the already pierced flesh.

I answered the phone.

"Hello?" it was Alexa, thank god.

"Honey, are you okay? Something doesn't look right."

There were so many things going through my mind. Before I could comprehend the words that came out of my mouth they already left.

"Oh my god! Is she okay?! I'm on my way." I faked letting the brunette believe that Yasmin wasn't well.

Alexa read the signals perfectly and she made an exit out of the restaurant to start up the car.

I turned to Leanne. I snatched my hand out of her grip, not paying any attention to the now bloody table cloth. I leant down on the table in front of Leanne.

"If you ever contact me again. You will be sorry." I stated emphatically, hoping she would get the message that I was not a force to be reckoned with.

She locked eyes with me for a moment before speaking. "Tsk Tsk. Empty threats. I bet you taste divine."