Part 4

Baby, I'm falling head over heels
Looking for ways to
Let you know just how I feel
I wish I was holding you by my side
I wouldn't change a thing
Cause finally it's real

I'm tryna hold back
You oughta know that
You're the one that's on my mind
Falling too fast, deeply in love
Finding the magic
In the colors of you

You're the right time
At the right moment
You're the sunlight
Keeps my heart going, woah
I know when I'm with you
I can't keep myself from falling
Right time at the right moment
It's you.

Baby, I'm falling deeper in love
Everything that you are is
All I'm dreaming of
And if I can break enough
To show you that I need us
I'd give up everything
I have, girl, just for you

I'm tryna hold back
You oughta know that
You're the one that's on my mind
I'm falling too fast deeply in love
Girl, all I need to breathe is you

Cause you're the right time
At the right moment
You're the sunlight
Keeps my heart going
Know when I'm with you
I can't keep myself from falling
Right time at the right moment
It's you.

"So this was the song."

Jungkook's fingers abruptly stopped on the keys of the piano. His heart raced, instantly recognizing the voice he had been dying to hear.

Too nervous to turn around, Jungkook sat frozen in his seat. He felt her hand on his shoulder, but he didn't dare look up.

"I remember how you used to always hum this tune to me. You never let me listen to it, always saying that it wasn't complete. It's beautiful."

Jungkook didn't say a word, didn't even look at Lisa, unsure of how to face her. He just sat on the bench, staring at the keys in front of him. The keys were starting to get blurry.

Lisa sat down next to Jungkook, taking his hand in hers. Without warning, Jungkook's tears finally broke out of their cage.

Lisa just sat there, holding his hand, knowing that he needed to let it all out. As his sobs got louder, she moved and pulled him closer. Initially hesitant, but he finally let his heart take rein and lied down on the bench, placing his head on her lap. She stroked his hair, her heart breaking at every tear that broke free from him.

"I am so s-sorry!" Jungkook hiccuped.

"Shh. It's okay. We'll talk later," Lisa said, finding it hard to control her own emotions.

She hummed the song Jungkook had just been singing, hoping it would have the same calming effect it had on her, as she ran her fingers through his hair.

Lisa had been on her way to the practice room she had booked for herself, when she heard the familiar melody echo through the silent hallway. There was only one person who could be playing that and her feet took her to him. She had watched him in silence. Her feet, no longer in control of her brain, had moved forward with each word he sang.

She had never known that the song was meant for her. But after hearing him sing, she knew why he had never let her hear it.

She had refused to believe Taehyung when he had told her about his conversation with Jungkook. She didn't want to give herself false hope but hearing Jungkook sing those words had lifted the weight that had been slowly and steadily crushing her heart.

After a while, Jungkook sat up on the bench, wiping his face with the sleeves of his sweater. He had so much to say but no words came out, unsure of where to begin from.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Lisa's voice brought him out of his thoughts.

"I didn't want to hurt you." Jungkook sighed.

"Telling me that you liked me was going to hurt me?" Lisa asked, confused.

"No, but the things that would happen after would have hurt you and I couldn't do that."

"Us being together would have hurt me?"

"Yeah."

"As opposed to how much it hurts now, when we aren't together?" Lisa asked, her voice trembling with emotions. Jungkook knew she was right.

"I could never make you happy. You know how damaged I am," Jungkook said, his voice barely audible.

Lisa cupped his face in her hands, forcing him to look at her. "If this about your parents, it's not your fault. Just because two people failed to see your beautiful heart, doesn't mean you don't have it. Jungkook, you are an amazing human being! I know you don't see it, but I do. I have glimpsed at what you hide behind the wall you have built around yourself and I wish you would let the world see it too."

"If my own parents can't find it in them to be bothered about my existence, why should anyone else care? I don't know what you see in me because all I can see is how I have hurt every single person who has come into my life."

"Jungkook, listen to me. What your parents think of you has nothing to do with me or how I feel. I love you!" Lisa's eyes pleading for him to see how much he meant to her.

"Nothing you say will change that. I didn't stop loving you when you said that you didn't like me, I didn't stop loving you when you pushed me towards Tae. I loved you then, I love you now and I'll always love you."

Jungkook's heart raced almost as if it was running to catch all her words, to hold them close and never let them go.

"I-I love you too! I do! More than you can imagine. I know I haven't acted like it but I do. There were times when I would break and ache to tell you how much I loved you but I didn't want to be selfish. Your happiness is the most important thing to me and I know you wouldn't find it with me."

"I wouldn't need to find it. Kookie, you are my happiness!"

Lisa leaned forward, her hand on the nape of his neck pulled him forward to meet her lips. It took a second for Jungkook to realize what was happening and just as Lisa leaned back, he wrapped his hand around her waist and pulled her lips back to where they belonged.

Jungkook broke the kiss as he tasted a sudden saltiness on his lips. He pulled back to see Lisa crying, but he sighed in relief when he saw her smiling at him. He cupped her face, wiping away her tears and the pain he had caused her.

"I love you so much!" He whispered against her lips, his forehead on hers.

"I love you too!" Lisa whispered back.

"I won't ever understand why," Jungkook wondered, truly not comprehending what she saw in him.

"Jeon Jungkook, if you ever find yourself questioning why I love you, the answer is simple and will remain so."

"It's you."

---

A/N: Please check the author note in the next part.