Part Four

Luke stared at the planet below him in horror. He had never been here, yet he felt as if the Empire had done something terribly wrong. Ahsoka shot a glance at him as she landed their ship in a hidden cave.

"We must be careful. Both the Empire and bounty hunters come here searching for Keiber crystals." Luke nodded along with his sister. The trio moved quietly along towards one of the larger caves. Luke shuddered when he noticed the entrance. It looked as if it had been torn and blasted apart. Ahsoka gestured for them to stay where they were. The twelve year old twins stayed out, watching out for enemies.

"Luke!" He turned to his sister. "Look!" Leia pointed furiously at a ship that was landing in the distance. Luke's eyes widened, and he dove for cover near Leia. He shook his head as Leia peered over the edge of the rock they were hiding behind.

"Are you crazy?" Leia simply ignored him, pulling out a blaster from the holster under her robe. "Where did you get that?" Luke hissed. She shook her head, putting a finger to her lips. She gestured towards an area that was close to the ship. Luke strained to see what was so important to her, but only saw ice formations.

"My crystal is over there, Luke. I can hear it." Leia glanced back over at the ship, watching as people began to exit it. Luke sighed in relief when he noticed they weren't with the Empire. Bounty hunters were still dangerous, but not as dangerous as a battalion of Storm Troopers. Luke reached out with the Force, searching for the presence of the bounty hunters. "How many?" Leia whispered.

"The three that have left the ship, and one more in the ship." His sister nodded, before closing her eyes and concentrating. She stretched out her arm towards the cliff, her expression strained. Luke watched as ice and snow began to fall from the cliff, giving the appearance of someone being on the ledge. One of the bounty hunters yelled something, and began to point at the cliff. The others nodded, activating their jet packs. They flew towards the cliff, disappearing over the edge. "There's still one more in the ship."

"Then we'll have to be quick." She handed him her blaster. "Cover me!"

"Leia!" Luke called softly after his sister. He watched as she ran towards where her supposed crystal was. He shook his head in disbelief, before holding up the blaster, his eyes roaming the snowy tundra. Leia examined the icy wall, tapping it. Once she found the weak spot she was looking for, she reached out with the Force, pressing into the ice. It began to crack and splinter, giving way to the young Jedi. Luke watched her, his gaze occasionally darting to the ship. Suddenly, a figure began to walk out of the ship, catching Luke's attention. His eyes widened, and he looked back at Leia, who was caught up in getting her crystal. The bounty hunter appeared not to notice the twins, but Luke suspected that wouldn't last.
Danger.

      Luke reached out with the Force, broadcasting the message to both Leia, and Ahsoka. Though he had no idea when the latter would receive it. Leia, however, got the message loud and clear, her eyes widening in fear when she noticed the bounty hunter at the ship. She glanced back at her twin, giving him a "just a minute" look.

"Unbelievable." Luke muttered. He held up the blaster, aiming it at the bounty hunter. He waited, no wanting to fire on someone that might mean them no harm. Stupid. The word echoed in Luke's mind, destroying the sentiment. His finger tightened on the trigger, the bounty hunter in his sights. Abruptly, the figure at the ship turned towards Leia, noticing the young girl. He let out a shout, whipping out his weapon. "Leia!" Luke yelled. The girl let out a triumphant shout, holding up a crystal. Her joy turned to fear when she saw the blaster pointed towards her. Luke quickly pulled the trigger, firing at the bounty hunter.

He missed.

The bounty hunter dived behind the ship, blaster ready. He began to fire on Luke, attempting to eliminate the boy. Luke ducked behind the rock, hiding himself from the fire. Once he couldn't see Luke, the bounty hunter turned his attention towards Leia. He aimed at the seemingly defenseless girl, ready to pull the trigger. As his shot fired, Leia pushed with the Force, causing the weapon to fly out of his hand. But it was too late.