Part Seven

You can't save them.
      I can try.

      Luke bolt up, a flash of a red lightsaber still burning in his mind. His hands gripped at the sheets, sweat mingling with a few tears. The memory of Ahsoka's death haunted him, even after a month. As he thought about it, another memory made its way to the surface of his mind. Both Luke and Padme had gone to see Ahsoka's husband, Lux Bonteri.

Padme sighed before knocking on the door to the small home.

"Coming!" An accented voice yelled from the inside. A few footsteps later, and the door slid open, revealing an exhausted looking Lux. "Padme?" He said incredulously. "It's so good to see you! How's Ahsoka? She's hasn't been able to contact me in a few days and I'm starting to worry." Padme shifted uncomfortably, trying to form the words.

"Lux... I don't know how to tell you this, but-"

"Ahsoka's gone." Luke bit out harshly. Lux stood there, tears beginning to fall before he'd even processed the words. "It was a Sith. She died saving me and my sister." Luke's voice trailed off into a whisper.

"No...." Lux's voice shook. "No, you're lying!" He shouted. Tears streamed down his face, and began to fall down Padme's as well.

"I wish we were." She whispered, bringing the sobbing man into a hug.

Luke shook off the memory, feeling tears prick his eyes once again. He pushed his feelings aside, and slowly crawled out of bed. Today he began his mission. Luke tried to summon some shred of excitement for the thought, but failed. Him and Leia both had been asked by the Rebellion leaders for assistance. Leia was to join their father on the battle field, performing covert operations, taking down the Empire one station at a time. Luke's assignment was meant to be fought on a completely different front. He was going to stay with his mother on Coruscant, posing as her personal body guard. Luke sat crossed legged on his bed, mediating. He tried to picture the visions he had seen a few years ago, on Asaj Ventress' ship, as he'd been attempting ever since the incident. But still, there was nothing. Luke's thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock at his door.

      "Luke?" The teen watched as his sister walked in the room, sitting roughly on her brother's bed.

      "Hey, Leia." He said quietly. "Are you excited for today?" He gave a small smile when she shook her head. "Me neither. It's good to know I'm not the only one." He glanced up at her head, giving her a pointed look. "You changed your hair?" Leia reached up, gently touching the twin buns.

      "I felt like a change." Luke nodded knowingly. The sat there for a moment. The girl suddenly stood up, brushing herself off. "I forgot to tell you, it's time to leave." They both let out a sigh, heading to the landing bay. The twins took comfort on the familiar roar of ships. Anakin and Padme were waiting for them when they arrived. Well, actually, they were saying goodbye to each other with a long lasting kiss. Luke cleared his throat while Leia let out a small giggle. Their parents broke apart, grinning.

      "Let's go, Luke."

      "Come on, Leia." The twins began walking towards their respective ships.

      "Wait!" They both exclaimed. Luke and Leia turned and ran to each other, arms outstretched. The two teens collided in a hug, standing still for a moment. "Be careful." Luke whispered.

      "You too." Leia whispered back. He nodded, before pulling away. Wordlessly, Luke headed to the ship, noting the knowing smile on his mother's face. With one last glance in Leia's direction, Luke boarded the ship, ready to face his destiny.