Part Eight

Ahsoka groaned as she sat up in her cell, her wounds a stabbing reminder of her situation. She sighed, crossing her legs, trying once again connect to the Force. But the only thing that went through her mind was how she ended up in this situation.

Ahsoka watched as the twin's ship took off into hyperspace. She closed her eyes, able to feel peaceful as the Sith held the saber above her, ready to plunge it through her back. Ahsoka counted the seconds before her death, surprised when they seemed to drag on. Then she felt it. The heat of the lightsaber came close, but never struck. Instead, the sound of the weapon being deactivated made Ahsoka blink in surprise.

"What- what are you doing?" The Togrutan turned to face the Sith, who was pulling a syringe filled with a dark substance from their belt. The Sith remained silent, stabbing the needle into Ahsoka's neck. She screamed as the liquid entered her system, burning like a fire. She writhed on the ground for a moment before everything faded to black.
When Ahsoka woke, she was lying in a dark cell. She shook her head, attempting to clear it. She sat up, trying to reach out to the Force, but was cut off by the door opening.

"It won't do anything." The Sith's warbled. "You've been cut off from the Force for a long time." Ahsoka's eyes widened. The syringe. The Sith chuckled. "Yes. One of our best scientists created that liquid for the use of the Empire." Ahsoka snarled, standing up now. Suddenly, a shock racked through her body, causing her grunt and fall back to the floor. "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

"What do you want with me?" Ahsoka questioned with as much strength as she could muster. The Sith hesitated for a moment.

"I want you to join me." The mask provided no clue as to whether or not they were serious. The Togrutan glared at them.

"Never." She replied. The Sith sighed.

"Then you will suffer until you change your mind."

The memory burned in Ahsoka's mind.

"I don't know how much longer I can hold out, Skyguy." She muttered to herself. The cell door slid open, revealing a couple of the newly recruited storm troopers. "Not again..." Ahsoka whispered. The troopers said nothing, simply dragging the Jedi out. She struggled, but in her weakened state she was nearly helpless. After a moment she let herself be taken along quietly. As they reached the room they were headed to, Ahsoka felt her breath quicken. The door opened to reveal a table with straps on it. The Togrutan began to struggle again as the troopers strapped her down. Less then a moment later, the Sith walked in.

"Are you ready to join me yet, Tano?" Ahsoka stared ahead, refusing to acknowledge the Sith. "Very well." They nodded towards the scientist who stood at the control panel. "You may begin." Electricity crackled, before surging through the Jedi's body. She let out a scream, bucking against the straps that held her in place. After what seemed like an eternity to the Togrutan, the shocks stopped, allowing Ahsoka to gasp desperately for air. "I must admit, your resolve is quite strong, for a Jedi." The Sith spat the word as if it was a bad one.

"You say that like you're surprised." Ahsoka shot back. She grinned at the Sith's pause, as if they were searching for words. Her grin fell as soon as the scientist pressed a button, causing a stronger surge to travel through her body. Ahsoka attempted to clear her mind, searching for solace in the Force. She still found none. Tears began to leak from her eyes as the pain became too much. Finally, it stopped, allowing Ahsoka to breathe again. The Sith chuckled at her pain, but the chuckle turned to a snarl as Ahsoka still refused to crack.

      "Very well." The Sith walked up to her, placing a hand on Ahsoka's temple. "Sometimes memories are the worst form of torture." The Togrutan gasped as images flashed through her mind.