Chapter 2

02.

After yet another couple of long hours in the chapel it was finally time for Michelle to go home. The truth was she couldn't wait to see Dennis again and to find out what was bothering him. Because she saw it in those deep brown orbits of his, no matter how hard he tried to hide it.

"Do you have a minute?" She heard someone ask behind herself and turned around to the source of the voice.

"Jude? Yes, of course. What's up?"

"I wanted to talk to you about something."

"About what?"

"About Dennis and uh..Tom."

Michelle sighed. She knew what the other girl meant by this and what Judy was going to ask her.

"You have feelings for Dennis, don't you?" Judy asked and Michelle nodded.

"Yes. I think I love him."

"And how do you feel about Tom?"

That made her frown a bit even if she knew what the other girl wanted to know.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Just answer the question."

"Tom's my best friend, he's like the brother I never had." Before Judy could say something, she held her hand up. "And I know what you are going to say. I'm well aware he's got feelings for me, but I can never love him the way he wants me to. I care for him deeply but only like a brother, like a best friend. Nothing else. My heart belongs to Dennis and trust me when I say I haven't done or said anything to make Tom get the wrong impression. I'm an honest person, you know that, and I always say what I think and what I feel straight to the person's face. I made sure Tom knew where he and I stand and who my heart is really with."

Finishing her speech Michelle tried to give a small smile to the other girl but it didn't quite reach her eyes.

"That's good." Judy nodded approvingly, trying to smile back.

"May I ask you something?" The other girl said and Judy nodded.

"Sure."

"Look call me crazy if you want but..I've been noticing certain..things about you lately. Especially when you're around Tom. You have feelings for him, don't you?"

Judy's eyes widened.

"What did you..how did you..is it that obvious?"

"No." Michelle said, although her smirk gave her up. "Alright, yes, it is. And I think Tom's the only one who's oblivious to it."

Judy's smile turned into a sad one.

"Yeah, it seems like it."

"You know what? I have an idea. It's Friday night so Tom's at the bowling club. Why don't you go there and take him to the cinema or something?"

Judy thought about it for a moment.

"Actually that's not such a bad idea. Yeah, I think I'll do just that. Thanks for the talk."

"You're welcome." Michelle smiled warmly. "I'll be leaving now. Dennis is coming over for dinner and I have to prepare something edible."

Judy laughed.

"Something edible ?! Come on, you're an excellent cook!"

Redness made its way to Michelle's cheeks and she shrugged.

"If you say so."

With that she said bye to the other girl and left the chapel. Climbing into her car she tried to push all negativity away and when she arrived home she was in a very good mood. She quickly prepared everything for the dinner then took a shower and after putting on a white t-shirt and black ripped denims she was finally ready. Just when she turned the oven off the doorbell finally rang. She went to open the door and couldn't help the smile on her face when she saw Dennis. Whenever he was around her, she was always smiling like an idiot. He smiled backed and her grin widened.