Natalia Borgia - Chapter Seven

I stood next to Cesare as the crowd cheered upon the arrival of that bastard King Ferdinand. He arrived with four men holding a canopy over him. I would finally see the man that would cause my sister so much pain. He made his way up the steps of the Vatican.

"His Royal Highness, King Ferdinand II of Naples" the bowed  and made their way further for him to kiss the papal ring.

"You are welcomed in the name of Christ. Peace be upon you" he accepted the words

"Naples thanks you" he moved to greet the almost newlyweds. It was time of the bitch of Forli arrived. She came from her horse and made her way to HIs Holiness.

"Caterina Sforza Ronalio Countess of Forli and Lady of Imoola" Cesare moved closer to his father and she finally bend on one knee and kissed his papal ring. They exchanged words and she walked past Lucrezia and Alfonzo. Cesare talked to his father before joining me.

I walked through the halls and found Alfonso, I grabbed his neck and took him into a empty corridor.

"Do you do it naturally or on purpose?" i asked

"I do not understand."

"You asked me a question I gave you advice, hoping you would follow it. I am happy that my sister has found someone who used to be like her. But you could be better. Why did you not fight for your wife and her son? Are you that much of a coward?"

"I..."

"No, I hope you are ready for the storm that comes. Because not even I am that stupid not to see that Lucrezia will get what she want, she may be married but she will always be Borgia. Her family which yes includes me will see her happy. I suggest you grow up because if you don't you will never survive." I turn on my heal and leave

---------

I was making my way back to my chambers when I saw a figure in the room most of the wedding plans were coming along. Cesare was in there looking at it.

"Cesare." he turned

"I thought you would be asleep."

"No, Lucrezia was getting a bit nervous, I went to calm her down. What are you doing" he looked back to the seating board and he had changed it around.

"Cesare" I sighed but when I looked closer there was Alfonso's name with a question mark.

"You are angry with him"

"He did not even defend her."

"I know, I had very harsh words with him." he looked at me

"You did?"

"Yes, before you left he asked me advice on how to gain some favour, I told him to be himself and make sure you can see he was devoted and loyal only to Lucrezia. He failed." he sighed

"I am not sure which side he lays ours or theirs."

"You know if he sees this he will not like it" I took it off  and places it down. "let us go to bed" I turned and held my hand out there was shuffling before he took my hand and we left.

-------

I threw petals on the happy couple, Pope and King Ferdinand . Lucrezia and Alfonzo made their way into the ballroom. I noticed Cesare talking with Caterina Sforza as I made my way into the ballroom. A soon as I could I found them and pushed her to the wall.

"Hello Caterina"

"Lady Natalia"

"You know, I should grab my betrotheds blade and kill you but I'll settle knowing that you know I hate you."

"oh how kind."

"I know, which remind me how is my dearest Benito. Has he come to realise that you are not worth the time, given the fact it is because of you he nearly died."

"Don't you mention my son." she growled and I made a cat noise

"The bitch of Forli has a sensitive spot" I let her go

"I think you should remember that" I told my love.

"I will" he held out his arm and i took it.

"Your Holiness, Your Majesty, My Lord, Ladies and Gentlemen. Pray open the dance." we clapped as the opened the dancing. First it was just Lucrezia and Alfonso before they chose different partners. I saw Lucrezia look at her brother and he shook his head so she went somewhere else.

"Such delights, Your sister looks quite entrancing does she not" the Duke says standing next to us.

"She does"

"Would you take a drink with me" we nodded and we started moving through the crowd.

"Marriage can be such a blessing. A man and wife united in the sight of God. It is a beautiful thing.

"It should be. It can be" he taps my hand gently "Even for the King of France"

"Do you cry at weddings? I always find my eyes a little moist."

"I might cry at my own, perhaps" I slapped his arm

"Why so, My Lord Borgia?"

"Because at long last he has fulfilled one if his wishes" I reply we take a glass of wine each.

"Your father mentions that you would hold your wedding in France, In the presence of the King."

"And what would France say to that?" I asked

"Beauty and blessings all around he raised his glass before leaving. The dance finished and we clapped.

"Stay here, okay" Cesare said to me.

"Okay" he left my side and for a few moments until I heard fighting. I ran over.

"What on earth is going on?" Cesare turned to me.

"Nothing, let us leave my love." with that he guided me away

---

We planned for our trip to France we planned before falling asleep.