VI: Creatures and Preys

When you're dressed in your sweat pants and black camisole, someone rings your door's bell. The visual device let's you see it's Hux, so you open the door and smile softly.
»How can I help you, General?«
His eyes falter for a moment, taking in briefly your attire and how it accentuates your exquisite figure. Hux clears his throat, »may I come in?«
Your head turns to your nearly clean room, except for your underwear on the bed. You nod and quickly turn to snatch the garments and stuff them under the pillow. A blush spreads over the bridge of your nose and across your cheeks as he watches your every movement.

»Anything I can help you with, sir?«
»May I speak with you candidly?« You nod at his strange request and he visibly relaxes, his shoulders slumping slightly. »A report came to my attention.« Thoughts swirl in your mind as you try to figure out what he means. Had he found out about your run-in with Kylo Ren and the interrogation chair. Or perhaps he found out how you came upon the large bruise on your neck and back. Or even perhaps how the infamous Knight couldn't read your thoughts. Your expression remained stoic, but your eyes reflected fear. His hand gripped your arm gently as his fingers lingered on the soft skin.
»One of the officers who was visiting the planet at the same time as you and Ren reported that you were nearly kidnapped by the Resistance.«
You curtly nod, rigid from the strange feelings flowing from his body to yours through his hand. You've never felt the strange prickling on your skin.

»I want you to train with me. Self defense.«
»But, sir... I'm a pilot, I don't think I really need to know how to fight.«
»And what would have happened if Ren wasn't around today?« He doesn't get a respond, only an aversion of eyes. You gather up your courage, feeling the heat running all over your face, and wrap your arms tentatively around his torso. He stiffens, but returns the notion.
»Thank you, sir. For your concern.« He smiles softly and you feel the rumble of his chest, a small smile on your own lips. The two of you don't move for a long time, simply enjoying each other's presence.
»Report to the Training Area number 12 tomorrow morning.«
»But...« You look at him, feeling his breath on your lips. »I have training with the Commander, he won't be pleased when he finds out-«
»Leave that to me.«
»Sir, I'm... I don't... I...« You couldn't form a sentence, afraid if you voiced your fear for the infamous force user that you would lose any respect Hux had for you. He cups your cheeks and pecks your lips softly, the feeling sending electricity down your spine. You grip the side of his military coat, pressing yourself further against his lips.

The next morning you wake up alone in your large bed, feeling oddly awkward as the memory of the kiss still lingers. You had nothing done yesterday after Hux left, all you could feel was the sweetness of his lips, how softly they caressed yours despite thinking he'd be a rough, dominating person even in a simple task such as kissing. Then perhaps, he really had not kissed before. His father was a cruel man who wanted order above everything, emotions were only a hindrance. Perhaps he would allow you to teach him that life was more than militant order, more than the First Order. You find yourself walking to a remote part of the base, meandering through the hallways to find Training Area number 12. You haven't ran into Kylo Ren yet, which is a surprise, you don't even feel him anywhere around.

The door hisses open and you stretch your arms a bit, feeling the bones crack under the pressure. Hux was already waiting there in black sweatpants and black wife-beater. You drank his tall, muscular yet thin figure in, biting your bottom lip. The door closes behind you and snaps you from your thoughts, your eyes connecting with his bright blue ones.
»You're on time. And unharmed.«
You gulped and stepped closer, »that sounds like I was to be found in med-bay instead of here. Not really reassuring.«
»Ren wasn't happy I won the argument.« He smirked an evil smirk and you giggled, holding a hand up to your lips.

Your training starts with him showing you the basics of arm and leg positions, body rotation, how to block and evade attacks. Then you move onto the training dummies, your back touching his chest as your bodies moved in sync. A smile appears on your lips as you let him guide you, your thoughts wandering.
»You're losing concentration.«
»O-oh, I'm sorry, sir. I-I let my mind wander.«
»I can imagine,« he smirks and you nudge his abdomen softly with an elbow. He grabs it and thrusts his own elbow at your face, so you quickly shield your face by letting it hit your forearms. His other hand is still on your waist until the arm slides around it and pulls you off your feet. A squeal leaves your lips as you feel your body lift off and land weirdly on the ground. You groan and roll away before his foot could land on your rib cage. You pull yourself from the floor and attempt to evade all his punches and kicks.

In the end, you fall onto your behind, exhausted and bruised, your lip even cut a bit as he managed to land a swift punch straight to it. Hux looks at you with a small smile and you return it with glee. You might not have gotten out of this unscathed, but you feel better about yourself. You know that one day you'll best even Hux or Kylo Ren. He offers you a hand in help and you accept it, swaying into his chest.
»Falling for me already?« You smile at his attempt at flirting, your lips pressing a soft kiss to his cheek. »Thank you for taking the time, sir. I know you have more pressing matters to attend to than training me.«
»That is indeed true, but training is rudimentary to survival. And I will not have you getting yourself killed under my watch.«
You look into his eyes and gulp, your resolve to train and get better weakening. »But I won't always be watched...«
»Until that time, you will train with me. And most likely with Ren. That is unfortunately inevitable and as much as I'd hate to agree, it will do you good. Probably.«

You stutter and choke on your saliva, wanting to say something when you see his teasing smirk. You slap his bicep in mock annoyance and chuckle.
»May I be so bold as to invite you to dinner in my quarters tonight?« He asks and you nod, »it'd be my pleasure, sir.«
»Wear that new dress you bought.« He leaves without another word and you scratch the top of your head. Now how did he know you bought a dress?

On your way to your room once more, you run into the dark Commander himself, barely able to sidestep and avoid collision. His gaze lingers on you, your punctured lip and several bruises on your arms and even neck.
»Your training went well I see.« His metallic voice comes out and you nod curtly, »it's a start. I'm a pilot, sir. I never learned to fight. I didn't think I'd need it.«
»Yet your inadequacy at basic defence nearly had you in the hands of the Resistance. Do you know how bad that would be?«
You shake your head, »I assume it would be very bad. Yet, I'm not really in the know-how of any major plans. I just follow orders.«
»Poorly.«
»I resent that, sir.« You chime and bite your tongue to further your comment. You could already feel the anger vibrating off him. You find great pleasure in that, you realise. A smirk falls on your lips before you could stop it and Kylo's fingers wrap around your neck.

»Report to training in number 5 in an hour. We'll see what our General has taught you.« You grab his hand before he could remove it from your neck and narrow your eyes, »you have an unhealthy obsession with the General. Perhaps you should look into that rather than throwing me around like a ragdoll for your own pleasure.«
His hand twists and you find yourself once more flying through the air. Your back painfully collides against a ridged part of the durasteel wall, your already injured forearms shielding the second impact with the ground. Kylo Ren leaves your sight and your vision blackens.