X: Fate With Determination

The next day you fail to show up for training with Hux and when he messages you on the datapad you refuse to answer. You head for breakfast when everyone else leaves, enjoying the silence of the mess hall. You went from first grade pilot to under evaluation to suspension. Your future just didn't look so well. The datapad rings again, telling you to report to the Command Shuttle immediately. When you arrive you're met with a flurry of Stormtroopers running back and forth, equipping their weapons and shuttles being prepared for flight. You step onto the shuttle and see Ren there, »sir?«
He gets up and hands you the pilot's helmet. »You wanted to be a pilot. So pilot this to Jakku. We found a Resistance base and our map there.«
After a moment of shock, a wide smile crawls onto your face. »Yes, sir.« You exclaim and scramble to the seat, sliding the helmet on and clipping the belts over you.

The drive to Jakku is quiet, since neither you nor Ren are saying anything due to so many Stormtroopers around. From the corner of your eyes, you can see him clenching his fists, undoubtedly reading their minds about how the General's suspension was overridden by Ren because of your dubious relationship with them. But you're just happy you're able to pilot after such a long time. Once you break the atmosphere, you land quietly at the designated area and wait inside, the soldiers doing their job.
»Stay here,« Ren says after everyone leaves and you nod, not wanting to leave either way.

Resistance jets roll in through the sky, shooting up the TIE fighters from the First Order and the ground. You boost the shields up to a hundred percent to make sure none of the debris damages the shuttle or any loose missiles blow you up. A shadow hovers above the panels and you look at it with a gulp, grabbing your blaster and turning around to shoot the intruder. The Stormtrooper punches you square in the face and drags you out of your chair. He throws you out of the ship, your body rolling on dry dirt.
»You bitch. You'll pay for disgracing me like that.«
»What... What are you talking about?« You try to get up, but his heavy foot connects with your stomach and rib cage. You hit the soft ground again. »Oh, it's you. The one who hears a lot,« you giggle and he uses the end of his electrical rod to slam your body into a boulder feet away.

The world fades into blackness as the noise around you ceases to exist. Your body feels like it sinking further and further down into an unknown void. The more you try to reach above you, the more you sink. It feels like an endless dream, the deafening silence the only noise.

Wincing your eyes open, your ears pick up a faint beeping sound. There's a heart rate machine on the right side, picking up the subtle beating of your heart. Behind it is a chair with a familiar uniform folded neatly. On the left side is a closed door and a cabinet with a tray. On top of it was a cup and a tall, transparent beaker filled with water. As your conscience fully returns, the machine's beeping grows quicker. You realise your heartbeat's elevated and that you're not on the Finalizer or even on Star Killer base. You're in the Resistance camp. Sitting up slowly, you pull out the needle that supplied the IV fluid into your system. It hits the ground with a high-pitched clang and you pull yourself out of bed. You wonder how long you were out while putting on your black uniform, combing your tousled hair with your fingers.

The door isn't locked as you grab the handle and it reveals an empty hallway. Slowly walking down it, you turn to the tunnels with less noise. You hope that way it'll bring you to the exit. Then perhaps you can steal a jet and head back home. Back to the General. That thought makes way to a bitter smile, your brows creased in a cringe as you remember what had happened. But the love was still there. You were afraid to admit it, but you had fallen in love with the general a long time ago. Now, you simply loved him for all he was worth. A few people suddenly pass you by and you look at them in fear. You had completely forgotten to be on guard while lost in your own thoughts. They stare for a moment before greeting you and continuing their way.

Your eyebrow raises in question as you wonder if they know who you are. Who you work for. It's rather strange they'd be so welcoming of the enemy. You shrug the strange feeling away and aim to find the exit. You soon realise after sneaking your way in to one of the control rooms that you're on a planet. And the only way to escape is stealing a jet fighter situated in the hangar that surrounded the main control room. Soldiers would be on you in a matter of seconds. But you had to try something – who knows what the Resistance would do to get information needed on the First Order.