Who Is She Talking About?

POV~ Lynn Travison

My friend and I immediately ran onto the playground heading for the big blue slide. All the kids loved that slide. She went down the slide first holding her hands up in the air and laughing with me. I slid down after her giggling. We ran around and played tag it was so much fun! People gave us weird looks but they were just jealous that we were having so much fun, running around and giggling.

I saw Jess who was mocking my friend and I. Lydia was trying to hold back her laughter and Sienna was uncontrollably giggling. I stuck my tongue at them and then ran after my friend who was running toward the small rock wall.

"This is so much fun!" She said with laughter as we both neared the rock wall. I placed my hand on the large rock wall trying to catch my breath.

"I–I'm tired.." I said. I pulled out my small water bottle from my lunchbox and took a sip. I handed it to my friend. "You want some?"

She shook her head. Surprisingly, she wasn't tired at all from running. "I'm good, thanks though." She said.

We sat down, learning against the rock wall. We watched as some of the other kids were fighting over who gets to go on the swings and some teachers telling them to stop arguing. I put my hands behind my head, put Bubblegum on my lap, and smiled. I couldn't wait for the snow to come! I was so excited for it! Not because I loved show but because I was going to ask my parents if my new friend could come over and play with me.

"You like snow, right?" I asked her as I brushed some of the wood chips off of my clothing. She nodded her head, her eyes brimming with enthusiasm.

"I love the snow! It's so fluffy and looks so nice! I loved having snowball fights with my family and making snow angels. I tried to make an igloo with my siblings one time but it didn't work out. Luckily it made a really cool hill we used for sledding!" She piped. She went on and on about her stories in the snow and I listened to every word. I couldn't wait to play in the snow!

"Can we try and make an igloo when it snows?" I asked as I stood up in excitement holding Bubblegum by the ear.

"Of course!" She said standing up as well. She stretched out her arms and we had a brief hug of friendship. She was the best of best friends!

Suddenly, I felt something hit my shoulder. I looked around and noticed a familiar face above on the rock wall. It was Christian and Nathan along with some other boys I didn't know.

"Who are they?" I whispered to my friend glancing up.

"They are from another kindergarten class." She told me rocking back and fourth. I assumed she was nervous.

"Hey Lynn the Loser! What are you doing?" Christian called from above the rock wall throwing some wood chips at my friend and I. I instantly began to brush them out of my hair and looked up. I was irate.

"Leave us alone!" I shouted at him.

"Yeah, leave us alone!" My friend said putting her hands on her hips with a frown. Christian gave me a weird look.

"...okay then. Wow, you are really weird Lynn." Christian said shaking his head.

"She is not weird! Lynn is a really nice person and she's a great friend! Sorry but you're the loser! You are your friends just pick on her! You are so mean!" My friend said crossing her arms and stomping her feet into the wood chips. I had the brightest smile on my face. She was willing to stick up for me! Nobody has ever done that, except for my parents.

"Are you gonna talk?" Christian said throwing another wood chip at me. I frowned. He didn't even acknowledge my friend! He didn't even care that she said all that! I was in shock.

"My friend was talking to you!" I said pointing at my friend. Nathan also gave me a confused look but didn't say anything.

"Wow...I..." Christian stammered. I grinned, knowing that I won.

"Let's go on the slide again!" I said tapping my friend on the shoulder. She nodded her head and we both giggled and raced each other to the slide. We didn't care about everyone else. They didn't matter.

POV~ Christian Cade

I climbed down the rock wall trying to avoid stepping on one of my friend's hands by accident. I brushed a few wood chips off of me and looked up.

"That was really weird." Nathan said glancing over at Lynn who was going down the slide laughing. I nodded my head in agreement.

"Who was she talking about?" I asked watching as Lynn went back up the stairs of the playground to go down the slide again.

"I dunno." Nathan replied. "Maybe it's just her imagination. Maybe it's her stuffed toy."

"Maybe." I said crossing my arms.