Chapter Six

A few days after my heated evening with Ryder, it was time for the fashion show.

    Adelaide woke me up ridiculously early and shoved me into the bathroom, yelling at me to get dressed while panicking in French. She always completely fell apart when she had big responsibilities in important events. When I was dressed she dragged me out to the car and quickly drove us down to the studio. The moment we were inside, a bunch of makeup artists pulled me away to get my hair and makeup done. When they were done, my hair was all slicked down, my face was covered in pink blush, my lips were bright red, and eyeliner lined my eyes. If I didn't look like a girl before, I sure did now. While that was happening, Adelaide was doing her own makeup, similar to mine.
After that, employees packed all the clothes I'd be wearing, then we were all off to the boardwalk where the show was being held.

    People were already showing up—they were already seated around the stage. A few people were still decorating the stage and going over last minute checks, but backstage was where the real mess was. Everywhere I looked, I saw stagehands rushing around, models getting hair and makeup done, and designers checking their clothes one last time.

   "Miss Aquarelle!"

   A man with a clipboard came to greet us. He shook my sisters' hand then looked at me.

   "Is this the model? What's your name, miss?" He asked.

   "Naomi Aquarelle..." I strained.

   Adelaide had told me multiple times before we came that I had to go by a girls' name. Apparently, she'd be kicked out of the show if anyone found out I was a guy.

   "Ah! Miss Aquarelle's little sister I assume?"

   I faked a grin and spoke in a cutesy tone.

   "That's meee~"

   "What a cutie!" He grinned at us. "Your dressing room is down the hall to the right!"

   Adelaide led me away to the dressing room and started helping me get into the first outfit I had to wear; it was a long poofy red dress with a rose design.

    When my look was finally completed, Adelaide stared at me with a large grin

   "Look at you...! You're so pretty...!"

    I stared at myself in the mirror. My skin was already pale, and with my dark hair and red lips, I practically looked like Snow White. Suddenly something felt off, and I looked at Adelaide sideways.

   "Why does this dress fit my exact measurements...?"

   Adelaide was humming to herself while dressing in a tight fitting black dress; she was really comfortable with her body.

   "That's an excellent question~!" She said.

   "And why red?"

   "The color suits you~"