chapter 56

skinny love bon iver

Sebastian

The next few weeks were the same thing over and over. School, dinner, hospital. I would see Miles at school, eat dinner quickly with my family and spend the rest of the day with Luna, since I only lived like ten minutes away from the hospital.

Today was different, however.

Luna asked Gus and I if we could skip school and meet her at the hospital. So we did.

"So why are we here?" Gus asked, getting comfy in a chair.

"Well, boys," she said, "I wanted to talk to you both. I know that my time is coming and I just have a few things I want to address before it does happen."

It hurt me when she said things like that, even though I knew they were true.

"Okay."

"Okay so," Luna winced as she sat up, "I just want to tell you each something individually."

"Okay..."

"I want to say thank you. To both of you. You have been nothing but supportive and I know how hard it is for you guys to have to deal with someone like me. It just makes me feel bad that you have to be friends with a dying girl."

"Don't even think like that Luna," Gus objected, "we love you. Disease or not, you mean everything to me and Sebastian."

"Yeah, Luna you're the best thing that's ever happened to me. We both should be thanking you for being so incredible and strong."

There was a knock on the door. "Come in," Luna said.

When Miles walked in, I was shocked.

"Miles?" I asked, standing up.

"I'm sorry, am I intruding on anything?" He asked.

Miles was holding a bouquet of flowers in his hands.

"No. We were just talking. What are you doing here?" I said.

"You're always telling me how much she helps you and stuff like that. I just thought I would visit her and bring her some flowers," he said.

Miles looked uncomfortable and definitely shy.

"Awe, that's so sweet." She said, waving him into the room.

He walked in slowly and handed them to her. She smelled them and thanked him again as he sat down.

"Um, Miles this is my friend Gus, and of course, my girlfriend, Luna."

"It's nice to meet you guys. Ever since Sebastian and I started talking again, he's been talking about you guys non-stop."

"Way to throw me under the bus." I chuckled.

"So, I know this may be over-stepping because you're a stranger," he said, pointing to Luna, "and we haven't talked in forever, but I want to hear your guys' full story. Like from when you met until now. I'm a sucker for that kind of thing."

I was seeing a new side of Miles. When I left school, he was the macho tough guy that everyone followed around. He still acts like that around everyone. When he's with just me, he acts like a happy version of himself.

He's acting like the real version of himself.

It made me sad that he had to say he was going out for a smoke instead of saying to hang out with me, or else he'd risk being called a loser. I felt bad, but that's it's his fault everyone thinks I'm a freak.

I already dealt with the repercussions. Now he has to.

a/n: yall I got 3 fillings today and the dentist didn't level my teeth so now only one side of my jaw closes :((((((

The Sea, The Stars, and Luna | ✓ The Watty's 2019On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara