Chapter 2

[Unedited November 2018] 

"Does anyone else have any more evidence? If you have, please come forward!"

There were endless amounts of police throughout a section of the college and Kyle informed me there was a crime scene within the actual building.

I did get the impression that there was more to this fight than many people were letting on, including Kyle. Nevertheless, I was not one of those people that demanded answers from a situation.

I was stood there patiently for Kyle to come back.

Pulling my leather jacket tighter around myself, I discovered that a policeman and a tutor were talking together, slightly away from the crowd of excited students. I didn't want to make it self-evident, that I was trying to eavesdrop into the conversation. I slowly moved myself in and out from the crowd and leaned myself against a tree, while facing the crowd of people. Bending my head a little to right, I tried my hardest to hear the communication between the two adults, ignoring the roaring crowd of students, whilst I was focused looking at the ground.

"Listen I told you what happened, Officer. James was provoking Drew, I tried to stop them both, and then shortly they started some sort of conflict between themselves. I told the students to leave the room, due to the heavy violence that was happening."

The officer looked at the middle-aged tutor, inspecting her face to see if she was lying or not. Sighing, he rubbed his temples and gave the tutor a look, "Please Lacie, anything else? This could be useful information. Like do you know what conversation they were having? Like how it all started?"

Why was the police officer talking on first names basis with the tutor? Did they previously know each other?

"I haven't got a clue; because I was too busy teaching my students. Although Drew pulled some stunts I've on no occasion seen before though," replied Lacie, who almost whispered. She looked scared almost, as if something she witnessed terrified her.

I felt my forehead crinkle into a confusing frown. Drew pulled some stunts?

Drew has never done karate or boxing. He goes to the gym but that was about it. Unless he was secretly receiving classes from someone, which I pretty much doubt. I sighed heavily, concentrating back on the interesting conversation.

"Stunts?" asked the officer, while Lacie just nodded slowly, agreeing to his unsure question, "What kind of stunts, may I ask?"

Lacie crossed her arms over her chest and looked hard at the nearly grey-haired police officer.

She seemed to hesitate before responding, uncertain if she should even be telling the truth.

She shuffled her feet, considering to be very uncomfortable before answering back, "Stunts that seemed impossible to move with your average human body, like how he punched James full force towards a wall, which sadly collapsed, and he broke his knuckles just like that. His punched looked effortless. Though he did look shocked at first, then James got up immediately afterwards and the fight started from there. I ensured my students out urgently, from the room. Seriously I just don't know anymore. The rest of the story is what I stated already."

The Officer considered to be more puzzled at the Lacie, trying to comprehend what she was informing him.

He was trying to get his head round what this woman was trying to say. He wanted to ask more questions, but knowing how shell shocked the tutor was, he moved on promptly and enquired an altered question.