Save Squad

Seraphina was lying on her back, the cold tiles creating a beautiful contrast against her overheating skin. It was helping her to calm down, but just barely, for the thoughts racing through her head refused to be silenced.

Everything felt somehow slow, like slow-motion in a movie, where you already know a crush will happen but you can not will it to get over with already, yet you can not ignore it. You can only wait, in horrible anticipation for it to happen. And that's exactly how Seraphina felt.

Helpless, useless.
She hated that feeling and yet she knew too little, perhaps even nothing at all, to be able to came up with a plan, an idea, anything to make things right, make them have sense.

"Ow." the whine of her twin sister  made the girl snap out of her thoughts.

Clary was sitting across her, her back pressed against the wall as she tried to stop the overflow of theses that were just spilling from her eyes.

"Rissa. " Sia said and took her sister's hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Everything is going to be alright. We'll make sense of all of this, I promise."

As her twin nodded, she heard footsteps approaching. The girls gave each other a glance before quickly standing up and fixing each other, Sia wiping away Clary's tears, Clary fixing Sia's hair.

"Clary? Sia? " they heard a familiar female voice behind them.

"Captain Vargas." Clary said giving a weak smile to the woman as Sia spoke "Var, how are you?"

"It's 2:00 in the morning. What are you doing here so late?" the woman said with a chuckle.

"Uh, um...Luke said he'd, uh, drive us home if he was still here." Clary said, as her twin nodded her head quickly, trying to appear as casual as possible.

"Still doesn't trust those cabbies, huh?" Vargas laughed at Luke's antics, knowing how protective he is of the two girls she had in front herself.

"Well, he's in the middle of an interview. It could take a while." she added.

"Cool, then we'll just wait in the cafeteria." Clary said.

"I could use some tea right about now. "Sia added as she saw her sister starting to shake again.

"Hey, uh... is there some sort of problem?" Captain Vargas asked, looking at the ginger with worry.

"Yes, it's just... Complicated. " Sia offered when she saw that her sister can't replay.

"Guy trouble?"

"Yeah, sure." Sia replied giving Clary a look.

"Guy trouble, it's, uh... something like that." Clary added as she got the message.

"Sia, do you have a minute? There is something I'd like to talk with you about. " Vargas said as she turned towards the other twin.

"I'm not a suspect now, am I?" So asked with a nervous smile, not wanting to be separated from her sister.

"No. It won't take longer than a minute." she said when she saw how unwiling to leave her sister's side the girl appeared to be.

Sia looked at Clary, her crystal eyes widening for a moment when she saw her sister giving her a small nod before turning back at Captain Vargas.

"Lead the way Captain. "she said jokingly, trying to seem at ease. She failed.

As they walked away, Seraphina opened her connection to Clary, feeling her twins emotion much stronger. She seemed to be alright, but one could never be too sure. After everything that happened in one day, Sia wouldn't put it past herself to visit a mental hospital.