Memory Lane

Alec Lightwood was an excellent fighter and that was what Seraphina noticed first about him

Alec Lightwood was an excellent fighter and that was what Seraphina noticed first about him. The second thing was that he was like an eagle, sharp and quick, and much better from the distance. And that was the only thing that kept her standing.

As it would appear, activating seraph blades and other angelic weapons was fairly easy, so Alec decided to take the lecture a step further and start training her. And that was the real challenge.

Seraphina was sure that she would find herself on her butt at least a dozen times, if she didn't insist on coming closer, closing the range which was a bit of a down for the blue eyed boy.

But no matter how hard she fought, or how closer she'd come, the girl never could turn the game to her advantage.

On the contrary, she was getting exhausted, and her muscles were starting to ache as she and Alec kept each other trapped, just waiting for the other to make a mistake.

And while Seraphina preferred close range fights, she wasn't sure she would win this one. Especially not with his blue eyes so close to her own, her muscles shaking under the pressure of their fight, the newly acquired informations about everything, everything she thought she knew and turned out to be a lie... She wasn't about to lose, she was about to give up.

"Oh, Alec, you just couldn't let the girl catch her breath, could you?" Izzy's voice floated to the two of them, a teasing smile on her scarlet lips.

"If she's going to stay here she needs to start training as soon as possible. "was the swift replay that left both Isabelle and Seraphina surprised.

"Yes, but I don't see you training Clary. "

"Little girl is hopeless. She's not one of us and she never will be. "

And before the girls could say anything else, he added.

"Why'd you come?"

"Jace wanted to talk to you, he's in his room. And I want to have a chat with Sia, she's in desperate need for a makeover. "

Alec just nodded at Sia and left, but not before giving a gentle smile to Izzy.

The girl's looked after him, both equally confused.

"So I have the potential to be a shadowhunter?" Sia teased.

"Well, according to Alec you are better than your sister. Speaking of which, we need to go to my room. She's waiting. "

"On what, exactly? " Sia run after Isabelle, the girl somehow managing to walk faster than her in heels.

"On you to get ready. We're going out. "

"Is that wise?"

"Well, apparently a warlock was deleting your memories for years now, and since your friend Dot is one, she's our safest bet. " Isabelle replied as they walked into her room.