Chapter 1

This is my first English fanfiction.
English isn't my first language so please excuse weird grammar or spelling errors.
This story will be in Kellin's pov unless stated otherwise.
Enjoy~

"Kellin get your lazy ass out of your bed or you're gonna be late for school!"

Wow, what a lovely way to wake me up, mom.
I was about to get up when my mom burst in my room.

"What did I tell you, young man?", she scolded me.

"Mom, that was like two seconds ago", I whined, "Let me wake up first properly."
Gosh, that lady had nerves.

I unwillingly left my bed and got dressed in my black skinny jeans that were ripped at the knees and a plain black shirt with a red and black flannel over it.
After that I walked over to the mirror and checked if I looked good even though that didn't really matter that much because as long as I didn't come to school in a princess costume all my fake friends would still want to be like me.

I had many fake friends because I was one of the two most popular guys in school and many people just were "friends" with me because they wanted some of my fame. That was really annoying.
The other popular guy was Vic Fuentes.
We hated each other.
It was like I had one half of the school on my side and he had the other on his.
There was nothing in between; whether you were on my side or on Vic's. It was pretty stupid, though.
It seemed like the others were more passionate about the hate between Vic and me.
They liked to watch us argue and fight. It was very stupid.
It was not like there were any reasons why we should hate each other.
I guess that's what you get when you move to another school and pretend to be a careless asshole.
After all my current situation was still better than my situation in my old school...
When I moved to this school I didn't want to be the weird outcast again so I behaved like one of those popular assholes from my old school and it worked.
Soon I was one of the most popular guys but there still was Vic Fuentes who had been the popular kid since forever. So when I came I got some of the attention he originally got so I suppose he had a reason to hate me but I didn't have a reason to hate him but all of that stupid people here loved drama and so they somehow convinced me to see Vic as my enemy.

I still don't know what's worse, though. Being terrorized for being yourself or having many people liking you for not being yourself.
It really sucked to hide behind that mask every time you leave the house.
Almost nobody knew the real me.
They all just knew the stuck up asshole Kellin.
The only ones who knew the real Kellin were my family and my two only friends from my old school.
I didn't like it.
That guy who I was in school wasn't me and that made me sad.
I wish I could have been myself and been treated like a normal person but that seemed to be impossible.
Not even my friends Gabe, Nick, Jack and Justin knew that I actually wasn't like that.
My friends had the most passionate hate for Vic and his friends by the way. If they would be trapped in a room together they would most certainly rip each other's heads off.
Every time they crossed paths, they exchanged death glares like they wanted to jump on each other's throats.
Vic and I also exchanged some death glares from time to time but they weren't as intense as the ones from our friends. I don't know, I sometimes had the feeling they were intense in another way... Sometimes when I saw him staring at me like that I just wanted to kiss that perfect lips of his and feel those strong arms holding me... woah watch where your thoughts are going, Kellin!
I knew I was gay but for Vic Fuentes? No fucking way! Well, I mean he was hot as hell... no, stop it! Don't think about him like that.

I quickly shook my head to get rid of those thoughts and went downstairs to get ready for school.

***
When I arrived in school I was greeted by Jack, Justin, Gabe, Nick and a few of those fake people.

"Hey, Kells", Justin said, "Today's finally Friday. So you're up for hanging out at some bar?"

"Yeah sure", I answered, "My parents will be away from home for tonight because of work, though, but I think they'll get a babysitter for my sisters so it's okay I suppose."

I had a one year old and a six year old sister and I loved them with all my heart but I didn't like to babysit them on a Friday night because... well I had an asshole facade to keep up.

In that moment Vic, Mike, Jaime and Tony walked down the hall but my friends didn't notice them because they were talking about something.
I watched the four boys coming towards us with the intention to walk past us.
Vic noticed that I looked at them and stared straight back. The weird thing was he didn't even narrow his eyes at me.
We just locked eyes for a few seconds.
Strange.
That weird moment was interrupted by Jaime ramming Jack, laughing.

"Ey Fuentes, watch where your stupid friends are walking", I spat.

"What are you gonna do about it, Bostwick?", Vic laughed tauntingly.

I glared at him but didn't do anything else because I saw a teacher not far from us and my mom would kill me if I got into trouble again so I just let it go.

I watched as Vic and his friends turned to leave.
Really, it was a pity that Vic was such an asshole. I mean he was hot as fuck. I certainly would've had a crush on him if he would've been gay and less of an asshole.

"Kellin?!", by the slightly annoyed tone of Jack's voice I could tell that that wasn't the first time he was calling my name.

"Huh?", was the only sound that left my mouth.

"Why are you staring at Fuentes?", Jack wanted to know.

"I'm not", I denied, "I was just thinking about something and staring somewhere not specifically."

"Okay then...", my friend shrugged, "Come on now or we're gonna be late for class."