Chapter 31

Aye, I wasn't very motivated the past few days, even though we have two weeks of holidays that started this Monday. (And two weeks of an internship (?) afterwards. I'm scared, help)
But now I have all of the left chapters done. Only two more after this.

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting :3

Enjoy~

There wasn't many time of high school left for us.
The last few months of school were starting, and we were really busy with finals and thinking about college or what else we wanted to do after we've graduated.
I personally wanted to go to an art college and study art, obviously.
I still was waiting for a response of my favoured college, whether they would take me or not, though.

These last months of high school, Justin, Jack, Nick and Gabe tried to be better friends to me, and actually succeeded. They began to care about my problems and feelings, and started to tell me about how they themselves felt. In conclusion, our friendship became more personal instead of focused on Vic and me.
It actually felt like true friendship for the first time since I've known them.
Vic's friends also tried their best to be better friends to him.
But still, none of the guys completely approved of our relationship but at least they've learned to accept it.

A few weeks later, I got a letter from my dream college, which said that they've accepted me. Vic was very happy for me, despite the fact that his and my college were at least a two hour drive apart. He said that we'd somehow manage that and that two hours weren't that much. I agreed with him because, come on, we would survive a two hour drive if it was to see each other again.

But then, when college actually started, the both of us were so busy with studying and the job each of us had to gain some money, that we could barely meet up.
We would drive to each other's dorm on the weekend, and spend the night together, just to have to separate the next morning again. But we had so much work to do that some months, we could only spend time together one weekend or even just a day.
And soon, I've got the feeling that we were starting to drift apart. There were nights, where I would have mental breakdowns or felt like I couldn't take any more of this, and all I wanted was Vic to hold me but he wasn't there, and I couldn't even text him because he was most likely busy or asleep. So I had no other choice but to cry myself to sleep on my own. My roommate never even noticed.
Added to that, I was scared that Vic would see no more sense in our relationship, and just break up with me. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if he'd leave me...

-

It was Saturday, and I was standing behind the counter of the small coffee shop I worked in.
It wasn't very busy. There only were like three people here, and I was bored out of my mind. I didn't know what I was even doing here, when basically nobody was coming here on Saturdays.
I groaned in frustration, turning around to clean some cups out of boredom.

I was in a very bad mood because I could have at least video chatted or something with Vic, since it was his day off, I think. We haven't talked in quite some time, what made me even more frustrated.
I suddenly heard an oddly deeper pitched voice behind me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Well, I've heard right", the voice said, "They really have a damn hot barista here."

I spun around to tell that person off, when I suddenly was faced with my laughing boyfriend.

"Vic", I exclaimed, "I thought you were some creep. Did you pitch your voice down on purpose just to scare me? And what are you doing here? I didn't know you'd come."

"Of course I did that on purpose, Kells", he smirked, "You should have seen your face. Anyways, I didn't have anything to do today, and so I thought I'd visit you. Also, we have to talk about something. When are you off?" I froze. Was that it? Would he break up with me today?

"Uh, I'm off in about twenty minutes", I answered, trying not to show how anxious I was.

"Awesome. I promised my mom to call her today. Knowing her, it'll take half an hour", Vic rolled his eyes slightly, "I'll meet you at your dorm, alright?"
I nodded and he leaned over the counter to peck my lips, giving me a small smile, before walking outside.

I took a deep breath. He wouldn't have kissed me if he was here to break up with me, right?
Right?!

-

Twenty minutes later, I was heading back to my dorm. Vic wasn't there yet, so I went inside. My roommate was out, what meant that I was all by myself until Vic would arrive.

I was scared of what he wanted to talk to me about, and I got even more nervous, when I heard a knock on the door. I opened it, stepping aside to let Vic enter the room. He stepped inside, closed the door and hugged me, kissing my forehead.
I smiled slightly, before pulling away, and leading him to sit down on my bed, since there weren't many other options.

"So...", I cleared my throat, "You wanted to talk?" I placed my hands down in my lap to prevent them from shaking. Thankfully, Vic didn't notice.

"Yes", he said, "Okay, so I feel like we're starting to drift apart because we don't have enough time for each other. Our relationship hasn't been the same since we started college, and that's why... Kellin, is everything okay? You're so pale."

"Yeah, I'm fine", I answered but my voice was shaking slightly, "You're right, I've noticed that, too but..." I trailed off.

"Come on, Kells", Vic looked at me concernedly, "Don't lie to me. I know you better."

I just looked at him with an anxious look, and then it must have hit him because he immediately wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"Gosh, baby no, don't think that", he rubbed my back soothingly, "I'm not gonna leave you, as you probably think. I love you too much to do that. I just wanted to tell you about a possible solution I found for our problem, so that we would get to spend more time together."

I took a shaky breath, relaxing in his arms.
"And what would that be?", I mumbled against his shoulder.

"My father's friend owns an apartment building that is only about twenty minutes away from your and about thirty minutes away from my college", Vic told me, "Dad said he could talk to his friend, and he might even give us discount, so we can afford to live there with the pretty small salary we get. And I wanted to ask you if you'd like to move there together with me? Only if you're ready and willing to live with me, of course."

"Are you serious? Of course I want to!", I exclaimed, "Shit you scared me. I thought you wanted to end our relationship."

"Yeah, I probably should have worded it differently, I'm sorry, love", Vic kissed me softly, "I love you."

"I love you, too", I smiled, resting my head back on his shoulder.

***

The next weeks, we worked on moving every free minute, and after about a month, we finally would spend the first night together in our own apartment.

I came home earlier than Vic because he had to work that day, and I didn't.
It had been a tough week but today was Friday, meaning I could relax a bit. But Fridays were also the days, I would usually be done with everything, and just wanted to cuddle up into my blankets and never get up again.
I showered, before lying down onto the bed, staring at the ceiling. It felt like every other lonely Friday, and I just wanted to cry.

About half an hour later, Vic finally came home. When he found me lying on the bed, looking depressed and at the verge of tears, he laid down next to me, hugging me.

"What's wrong, babe?", he asked softly.

"I don't know", I shrugged, "I'm just feeling down sometimes, usually crying to myself. Please just hold me."

"It's okay, Kells, I'm here with you now, and you'll never have to cry alone ever again", Vic placed a soft kiss on my neck, "If you're ever feeling down, just talk to me, okay? I'm always there for you."

"Thank you, Vic", I turned around to face him, "I love you so much." I would never get tired of saying that.

"I love you, too", Vic leaned in to kiss me lovingly, "So, so much."