Rainy Days

Chapter Three

Liam:

I stood up and walked to the front of the room, placing my finished test on top of the others; my eyes making their way to the clock hung up above the doorway

4:32

Fuck.

I internally groaned as I flashed the teacher a smile, snatched up my book bag and scurried out.

"Jesus fucking Christ" I muttered to myself as I made my way down the hall towards my locker, "An hour. It took a fucking hour. Twenty five minutes my ass."

Quickly turning the combination onto the lock and shoving my heavy books from my backpack in there, I slammed my locker shut, using a lot more force than necessary, "Now I've definitely missed the meeting."

I was a member of the oceanography club and today there was a meeting from the end of school till 4:15.

It wasn't as if I was so interested in oceanography that I wanted to pursue a career in it, but, marine life was kind of interesting and I wanted more credits for my college applications.

Shaking my hair away from my eyes, I heaved my back pack onto my shoulders and trudged to the front entrance of the school.

I sighed as I walked out, "Of fucking course."

I was the world's unluckiest person.

It was pouring rain outside, and I wasn't even wearing a hoodie.

I examined the sky; it didn't look like the rain was gonna stop anytime soon.

Well I'll just make a run for it then.

Squinting my eyes, my gaze sweeped across the lot to try and make out the location of my car.

As my gaze flitted across the scenery, it passed and flicked back over to the figure at the far end of the entrance.

It was Zayn.

He was standing under a tree, but leaves and branches will only shelter you so much from the pounding rain; which Zayn was a clear example of as he was dripping wet.

He didn't seem to mind though, in fact he seemed to enjoy it.

His face was turned upwards and his eyes were closed as if he was relishing the droplets of water.

I stood staring at him from a far, admiring him.

Suddenly, as if conscious of my presence from hundreds of feet away, his eyes opened and his head turned to face me.

My breath hitched in my throat as we made direct eye contact for the second time since the beginning of the school year.

He smiled at me, it was the soft and lazy kind, and raised his hand to give me a slight wave.

My heart fluttered as I waved back.

Then we just stood there again, staring at each other.

After a few moments, I took a deep breath and walked over to him.

The walk seemed to take ages, and his swirling hazel eyes never broke contact with mine. It seemed to put me in a trance as I neared him.

"Hey."

His smile grew, "Hey."

I looked up at the tree, then back down at him, smirking, "You know that this is providing you no shelter whatsoever."

"No I couldn't tell."

I frowned, "Really? You're practically drenching wet."

There was a moment of silence before Zayn answered,"It was sarcasm, mate." He said as he suppressed a smile, attempting to look serious, but utterly failing.

I bit the inside of my cheeks, my face reddening.

Of course it was.

"Oh, I-I'm just not the brightest."

This time, I physically flinched at my words.

Great, keep going Payno. Go on, keep embarrassing yourself.

Zayn chuckled as he took in my facial expression, "You okay?"

I smiled crookedly, breathing in a sigh of relief, before plopping down onto the wet grass, "So, Zayn, whats new with you?"

He pursed his lips, "Nothing much. You?"

"Same."

We sat in a comfortable silence, just watching the rain pour.

I listened closely to everything around me; like the pitter patter of the rain, the chirping of the birds, the rustling of the leaves against the wind, and the faint sound of Zayn deeply breathing.

I could stay like this forever, I thought as I closed my eyes, relishing in the scent of damp grass and pines.

"It's nice, yea?" His soft voice spoke.

I cracked an eye open, catching him watching me, "Yeah." I replied, smiling at him.

He grinned and looked away, his eyes gazing far into the distance.

I closed my eyes again, smiling lightly.

Forever.

Well this was quite a uneventful chapter but it had lots of Ziam and cute fluff so it's all good right?

It won't be for another seven chapters or so till The Halloween party cause we've gotta develop the characters a bit more rt?

So pretty much no time jumps for bit.

Hopefully you enjoyed the chapter, and dw I'll be editing through still. So don't forget to vote!! Thnx:)