Chapter 14

Abigail's POV-

So open your eyes and see

The way our horizons meet

And all of the lights will lead

Into the night with me

And I know these scars will bleed

But both of our hearts believe

All of these stars will guide us home

I can hear your heart

On the radio beat

They're playing 'Chasing Cars'

And I thought of us

Back to the time,

You were lying next to me

I looked across and fell in love

So I took your hand

Back through lamp lit streets I knew

Everything led back to you

So can you see the stars?

I turn around and look at Matt as tears escape his eyes, his hand reaches to turn up the radio. All of the stars by Ed Sheeran echoes through the car. He sings along but doesn't exactly know the words so he just mumbles the words.

"Matt?" He looks over at me, startled. I show him a small smile.

"Abigail, I thought you were asleep." He wipes away the tears as fast as he can.

"You thought wrong. Were you crying to Ed Sheeran?" He looks at me like he just got caught.

"What? I'm a man. Man like me don't cry." He pushes his shoulders back.

"Is that why you were wiping your tears away?"

"I wasn't crying. I just- my eyes got sweaty, that's all." He looks away from me quickly.

"Aw it's okay Matt. I love this song." I cup his cheek and he relaxes.

"I really like this song." He smiles at me.

"I could tell." I tease him.

"Just don't tell the guys okay?"

"Why?" I smirk at him.

"They'll think I'm a pussy." I burst out laughing because that's really true and funny. He looks over at me with a serious face.

"What? That was funny!"

"Yeah haha, that was so funny I forgot to laugh." He pays attention to the road before pulling into Olive Garden. I laugh to myself avoiding Matt get more sentimental than he already is.

"Matt, this place is expensive. Why don't we go somewhere else?" Once I realized where we are at.

"No, what? This is all for you. For us, okay?"

"Okay sorry, but still." A giggle escapes my lips and he pulls me close to him once we get out of the car. He holds my face before softly placing his lips on mine. A soft, passionate kiss, I like this a lot better actually. He pulls away and looks into my eyes before pecking my forehead.

"Let's go inside." I nod and he takes my hand leading me into the restaurant.

"How many? Just you two?" A waiter comes up to us just as we were about to sit in the seats available. We nod and we follow her to a table that's empty. She hands us our menus and walks away.