8: (un)Pleasant Surprise

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, and SHARE!(more big time jumps in this chapter sorry:/) 

I see Loren look down at the thing that can change my entire life as she says "Oh my god, you're not pregnant. You're not pregnant." I let out a huge breath I didn't know I was keeping and I feel a tear come out of my eye.

Thank God!

Loren hugs me and I can't help but laugh at us. Here we are celebrating that I'm not pregnant, but in like 5 years I'll be wanting a family.

I just keep repeating "I'm not pregnant," over and over again just to make sure this is real and not my sick imagination. After this I'm definitely making sure that I use protection all of the time. I'm gonna watch the guy physically put the condom on just to make sure.

"Lo, I'm not pregnant," I say smiling and she laughs at me before a look of horror crosses her face. She quickly grabs one of the bath towels over her face and says "WHICH MEANS YOU HAVE THE FLU! Get your ass away from me. Go in your room." Loren starts to nudge me to my room and I say "I'm going I'm going. Just let me celebrate for a little it. Ya girl just found out she isn't pregnant," Loren laughs and says "Honestly that would've been a train wreck," And I nod my head saying, "I can barely take care of myself let alone another human being,"

Loren and I call the doctor's office to see if we could get the medicine for the flu, but they said they could only prescribe it after they officially diagnosed it, which would be in 2-3 days. The next 3 days Loren keeps me locked inside of my room only letting me come out to use the bathroom. Finally we get a call from the doctor, "Is this Mrs.Zahria Freeman?" The lady on the phone asks I quickly say yes. Loren starts to put on her jacket so we can pick up my prescription. "Congratulations! The tests came back and though you tested negative for the flu, you are pregnant. We have a lovely list of OB/GYNs that we could transfer you to,-" I quickly cut her off laughing and say "Is this a joke or something? I'm not pregnant,"

The lady on the other line pauses for a second before saying "Ma'am you are Zahria Freeman correct? You are pregnant." I shake my head even though she can't see me. By now Loren knows something is wrong and walks over to me. "No you have to be wrong. I took a test earlier this week which said I wasn't. You have to be mistaken." The lady pauses again and says "Ma'am pregnancy tests often give users false negatives. The only true way to find out if you're pregnant is by a blood test. I would be happy to transfer you over to an OB/GYN for their expertise," I roll my eyes and say "I don't want to fucking talk to your OB/GYN. I'm not fucking pregnant,"

I hang up the phone and just stare at the floor. I'm fucking pregnant. I look up to Loren and ask "Have you heard of a false negative," Loren immediately says "Yeah, but only in movi-" She quickly rushes over to me and says "Oh my. Are you-are you actually....pregnant?" I laugh ironically and say "This must be the universe's way of fucking me over." This must be the shock talking.

Loren guides me over to the couch and says, "Okay. You're pregnant. That's not the end of the world," I'm still a bit shocked so I just stare into space not saying anything. "Let's explore all of your options," Loren says softly and I shut it down. "I'm not going to do that. That's off of the table. I can't do it," Loren softly rubs my leg and says "Zahria, you can." I shake my head and start to tear up, "No I can't. I won't." Loren nods her head and says "Okay, then we won't do that. We're going to figure all of this out Zahria. I promise,"

***

It's been about 2 months since I've received that life changing news and now I'm three months pregnant. I'm obviously not showing yet but I swear I feel like I'm already dying. Well I guess I am kind of showing, but it just looks like I ate real good. I still haven't told my parents so Loren has really been the only one there for me, taking me to doctor's visits, reminding me to take my prenatal vitamins, all of that good stuff. Even though we don't have everything figured out yet we're making this work. I don't know what I would do without her.