― 11 | RIGHT MOMENT

CHANDLER CONTINUES. The second the door closed behind them, Rachel jumped up and ran over to us. Our conversation was pretty disappointing anyways. Ross tried to start something multiple times, but it ended in a memory of Rachel or their relationship. "You guys, you guys, I hope you are all free next Saturday?", she practically sang. Joey sighed pretty loudly next to me and raised his finger. "Cancel that date, and no she cannot accompany you." And there it went down again. I allowed myself to let out that chuckle. "What is it, that is so important?", Phoebe interposed. "It's Monica's birthday!", Rach and I nearly yelled, it was calmly though, at once.

          She looked at me a bit strange for a second, but got distracted by Ross' voice. "Next Saturday is the twenty-second? Man, I need a present." Out of the corner of my eye I could see Rachel rolling her eyes. "That is why we are here, Ross." He didn't react to this answer in any way. Instead he rummaged around in his pocket. "Oh, what a coincidence I got these here!"

          You could have smelled the sarcasm three miles away. God, Ross, just shut up, would you? Joey took the tickets Ross had brought and canvased them. "These are for this cooking show with live audience ... wait, there is something!", he paused and stared at the bottom part of the ticket. "Date: twenty-second of April, Time: four pm till seven pm", he held them up. "What show?", I asked curious. "They are for the Chew. She loves that show!", Ross exclaimed loudly. "Ross, shush. She is still in the next room!", Phoebe whispered aggressively.

          Ross wanted to take them but Rachel was faster. "But that's on her birthday, we wanted to throw a party, Ross!", she nearly yelled. Ross gave her a who-comes-first-gets-first-and-I-was-first-look. In that moment I realized that his gift would destroy my plan. I exchanged a look with Phoebe, who hadn't said a word the last few minutes. But when I looked at her she realized it too. Her eyes got wide. You could see her trying to think of something. "Joe, how long did you say is this show?", she asked into the silence. "Doesn't matter. This is not happening!", Ross glared at Rachel. He stood up and took the tickets again. "Rachel, I paid for those seats and I am gonna give them to my sister on her birthday!" I started panicking on the inside. We had planned this for weeks. Joey helped me a lot. I thought I would finally get this over with. A deep sigh came from Rach, as from me.

          I think Rachel was just too tired to answer. Tears built in her eyes, but she nodded slowly. I thought she would sit down, instead she slinked to her room. After she closed the door behind her, I turned around to see the other's reaction, because I didn't know what to do. Pheebs looked as confused as I did, while Joey was glaring at Ross. After another second he stood up went over to Rachel's door. I think he was about to knock and comfort her. Still, he decided otherwise and left. Nobody said anything until Ross cleared his throat and also left. I put my head in my hands. "This didn't quite work out, huh?", Phoebe said dryly. I desperately laughed into my hands, "All of this is a disaster." She leaned in, so she was a lot closer and didn't have to talk that loud. "What about the thing? Will you still do it?", she whispered. I chuckled again, even though it was more of  a cry. I hate this. "Of course I will do it, Phoebe. The question is when."

          I sighed, in that moment Eve and Monica left the bedroom. "These yearbook photos are worth gold!", the younger Geller said giggling. "See, I told you his hair was hideous!", Monica said turning around, "Where is everybody?" Mon interrupted herselfspotting Phoebe and me as the only ones left. Phoebe and I exchanged another look. "Ross and Joey left. And Rachel ... didn't you talk to Rachel?", I was looking for eye contact with Eve. It worked out better than last time. Evelyn raised your eyebrows in surprise after I mentioned Rachel. "Yeah, of course I talked with her. She promised not to fight with Ross." Evelyn sat down on the seat Ross had sat before. "She even promised not to yell at him anymore!", Monica added. "That's what Ross promised us as well..", I mumbled leaning back.