― 15 | NOT DREAMING

CHANDLER CONTINUES. "Keeping that secret did not quite work out, did it Joey?" I walked over to my friends. "In my defense, they asked me where you headed, not where you are. That's a completely different question, and very confusing!", my best friend scoffed. "At least I could keep one of three people away. If you are ever famous, don't make me your bodyguard." Since he was still brushing his teeth at the same time, half of the tooth paste landed on the floor. I shook my head, but chuckled. Pointing at Joe, I suggested, "Why don't you get dressed, while ... while I handle these two?" Joey opened his mouth, closed it again, but replied with fingerguns before leaving. My look got stuck on the way to the girls, so I starred at the wall behind them.

          "Could you please tell us what happened over there?", Rachel appealed pointing at their own apartment. I sighed, loudly, not on purpose though, but it was getting a thing. I sigh way too often and loudly. Maybe I should try something else.  My eyes wandered up to their faces. Rach's expression screamed how curious she was. If the brunette girl could, she would have probably tortured me to get the information she wanted. I think she had already realized what my problem was. All she wanted to know was, if she is right. But Evelyn had a different look on her face. I couldn't really place it. She looked a bit curious just like Rachel, but even that, in an other way. Her face seemed worried. Not in an obvious way, but Eve's eyes told me. I never noticed Evelyn and Monica had the same eyes, before. Ross' eyes were brown like their fathers. But both daughters have their mother's eyes. Could I sound anymore like Severus Snape?

          These eyes were looking at me, no, looking through me. It was hard to lie to them. I could not lie to Monica either. And that is why I didn't..., "Nothing." They, mostly Rachel, interrupted me with their looks. It was interesting to watch. Because Rach's look was now curious, offended and annoyed, while Eve's didn't change that much. There were still a lot worries. "No, seriously guys, it's true." I sighed again and threw my arms in the air. "Alright fine, don't believe me then. Sorry for not making your story as exciting and intriguing as you wished it was." While saying this, I kept glaring at Rachel, because I was sure she was the one who would start the gossiping.

          "Okay Chandler, if you say so." I had to break my eye contact with Rachel. Evelyn smiled at me, not quite happy, but you smiled. She shrugged, took Rachel's hand, pulled her after and closed the door behind herself. "That was weird." Joey, who had finally put some clothes on, had come back. He had watched the whole last scene from his bedroom door. I turned around pointing at the door, "I wasn't dreaming then. You saw that too?" He nodded. "I think Rachel wasn't as happy about this as you are right now", Joey said now shaking his head.

          "She'll be fine. Though ... what just happened?", I thought out loud. Joey looked a bit offended for a moment. I really shouldn't say anything against Rachel. Brain, note that. Joey sat down behind me, "I think Eve could tell how uncomfortable you felt. She probably wanted to save you from Rachel." So there is that. I took a few steps backwards, so I could sit down next to him. "I mean, maybe. I don't know. She must have somehow. Because she definitely didn't believed me. Neither of them did, but it was the truth!" Joey looked up again, "Right! What did actually happen over there, Chandler?"

          I sighed, once more. "I wanted to speak with Rachel, but Monica crashed our conversation. And she asked me what I wanted to tell her earlier ... oh wait. That was after you left! You missed me failing to tell her." His eyes were wide, "You nearly told her? Dude, that is an improvement. Step by step." I chuckled. I don't know how he does that. He sees something positive in EVERY situation. I am so thankful I got him. "Yeah, anyways it was a huge failure and she went to talk to Rachel. So I left to find our empty apartment because you were out." He rolled his eyes but didn't say anything, so I continued.

          "If you see it like that, I nearly told her twice. Because if I hadn't decided to run from her now, I probably would have told her. Which would have been very, very horrible. She asked me so directly and there was no one else that could help me. I am so bad at keeping my own secrets." I shook my head. Joey pat my shoulder, "Don't worry man. They are all gone now. Soon all of this will be over, I promise. I have the feeling a lot of things will change. And you really got to stop panicking that quickly!" I looked him dead in the eye, "Wow Joey, I never thought about that, thank you!" I added in my most sarcastic voice. He smiled, "Always Chandler!" Was that sarcasm or is he being serious? I can't tell.

         My look again fell on the little black bag on the table. I sighed, again. "Lot of sighing today. Do you want some tea?" Now that got me out of that trance. "Since when do you know how to make tea?", I chuckled.