― 14 | OH HONEY

RACH AND I were still sitting on her bed. Few moments after she told me everything about Joey, we fell in silence. "You love Joey? You love Joey. You love Joey! Rachel, this is...", I exploded after another minute of saying nothing. "I know, I know. It's horrible, terrible. I can't just fall in love with my one of my best friends. Especially not after all this talking, with him. And I just can't replace your brother like this. I shouldn't have told you in the first place. It would have been easier, if I had just let it go, when it had started. I am sorry, please don't hate me!"

          It took her a few seconds to catch up breathing, for the last half minute. "Rachel Green!", I caught her attention. "I was about to say, that this is cute. And I don't hate you, Rach. How could I?" Her tearfilled eyes looked at me, she took my hands and smiled. "Really? Thank you Evelyn, thank you so much." She spread her arms and I hugged her. I could feel how my shirt got wet, so I was crying. "Stop crying, Eve, are you crying? Stop, I should be crying, I cry all t-the tim-e!", she whispered ... which also turned into crying. I started laughing because she started crying. I told her to stop crying, what made her laugh too.

SO WE SAT THERE hugging, and crying, till we heard loud knocking at the main door. "Rach? You there?" I exchanged a look with Rachel. "Who is that?", I whispered. It was a male voice, obviously, but I couldn't recognize it. "Is that ... Chandler?", Rachel asked silently. "No offense, but what does Chandler want from you? Now?", I looked at her curious. She just shrugged with her shoulders. Another knock against the door and, "Rachel?"

          Slowly Rachel made her way off the bed through the living room to the door. I still sat quietly on her bed, waiting for something to happen. "Chandler? What's the matter?" After I prevented the door of Rachel's room from closing, I hid behind it silently. "Rach, I just wanted to ask...", Chandler began to ask his question, what was obviously why he had came over in the first place. "Oh, somebody got Rachel talking again!", Monica left the bathroom and walked over to them. I could swear, she glared at Rach saying this. "Chandler, what did you want me to tell earlier?"

          He was so surprised seeing her in that moment. Chandler literally just starred at her for a second and stammered a few words. "I'll let you two alone then...", I heard Rachel whispering, I could also hear her footsteps coming closer fast. She silently closed the door behind her and sat down on the bed next to me. "Rach, I have to tell you something!" She closed her mouth, after obviously, wanting to say something. "Okay, me too. But you go first!", Rachel commanded me. My mind went blank. "I ... I think after you told me all this stuff about Joe, I just have to. I mean, it is pretty hard to keep it to myself anyway..."

          Rachel literally blinked once, "Keep what to yourself?" After I checked if the door was really closed, I sighed loudly. "Well, I ... I kind of fell in love too...", I paused. Obviously her eyes got bigger and bigger. "...with the same person I have been before." Rachel gasped. "Chandler!", we whispered at once. Rachel started pulling me in a hug. "Oh honey." It was good to talk to Rachel, and it was a secret less to carry. Even though we rarely talked. Silent support. I could trust Rachel and she could trust me.

          After at least five minutes of hugging, I cleared my throat. "So, Rach, what did you want to tell me?" She let go of me. Her face looked a bit more serious than before. "Rach, you alright?" She continued staring at the wall behind me. "Sorry, sorry. I was just lost in my thoughts for a second." I raised my eyebrows. "Oh yeah, what I wanted to tell you. You know, it's not that important, really." I don't believe her. "Oh ... okay then."

          Our moment of peace got destroyed by the loud bang of the door. I literally jumped, because the sound came so suddenly. "What just happened out there?" Rachel shrugged her shoulders. "Chandler, wait!", Monica yelled at the closed door. I opened Rachel's room door a bit so we could see what was happening. My sister looked very confused in her bathrobe staring at the exit. Time stood still for a second, no one moved, nor talked, or breathed. After this second Monica started running after Chandler.

          Rachel and I jumped up and ran out of the room to follow Monica, secretly, and ninja-like, of course. Mon stormed in Chandler and Joey's apartment. Although she was looking for Chandler, the only one she found, was Joey with a toothbrush in his mouth and a towel around his waist. "Where is Chandler?", she nearly screamed at him. Joe looked so confused. He struggled talking with this toothbrush in his mouth, "I dun–no?"

          My sister ran off downstairs. I think, she checked the coffee shop, which was a long run in a bathrobe. "Psst, Joe!", I walked over to him. "What happened over there?", he spit toothpaste at me. Rachel had followed me slowly, "We wanted to ask you same question..." Joey's eyes got a bit bigger, when he saw Rachel, "Hey, Rach! You alright?" Her eyes got stuck staring in his. "I am ... fine, thank you Joe!", for a second I thought she looked at his lips saying this, but maybe that was just my hopes taking over.

          How had I never noticed before, how in love they were? That was the moment, I decided to destroy their moment. "Anyway, did Chandler say anything where he was heading?" He got rid of the toothbrush, finally and stammered a few words. "Heading? Well..." I looked at Rachel, she didn't seem convinced, nor did I. "He is in his room, isn't he?", I asked directly. "No, he is not!" Rachel and I raised our eyebrows at once. "Yes, he is!", Rachel fought back. "What do you even want from him?", Joey asked to change the subject. Rachel glanced at me, "I'm ... We are worried, alright?" This time, Joey was the one, who didn't seem convinced. "Anyway, he is not in his room!" I sighed, and rolled my eyes. After a few seconds, I said, "Yes, he is!" But I wasn't the only voice saying it. I looked past Joe, Chandler had opened his door, and taken one step in the living room.