11: Escala, The Land of Dragons

The country of Escala is one of the biggest and most flourishing country in the Northern continent, which is the home of the dragons. And because of this being the home of the dragons, its King was called the dragon King and all of His majesty's belongings were imprinted with a dragon symbol.

Escala is also the most secured, heavily guarded and is mostly away from other countries. Its land was situated in the vast ocean and has eight bridges connected to its neighboring countries. Escala had also other lands on the continents which was owned by invasion or out of treaty marriages.

The war that took out twenty years ago was the reason why these eight bridges were built. Due to the war that had transpired, the eight neighboring countries that weren't allies with Escala had pledge alliances to them after the war ended, hence creating the bridges. Soon after, Escala's economy boomed to the point that poverty had been decreasing drastically.

--

The country was basking in the great sunlight. Dragons flew atop the heavens like free birds and people rejoice everywhere on the streets. Galanthius, the Capital of Escala was one of the most visited place of the country. It has a wide circular park and one of its tourist attraction was the sword embedded into the ground.

Through the years, the glint of the sword never faded and still held the immense power of the weilder. Its golden tassle that was wrapped around its handle swayed in the wind, making the bells tied to its end tingle. The story of this sword started twenty years ago where a mighty soldier saved the world from the brink of destruction.

Its anniversary is celebrated every month to commemorate the heroic deeds this person had committed.

And by celebration, many people gathered in the park and also in the front yard of the Dragon Palace where a huge golden dragon statue and a wolf was situated. There were many people gathered on the ground that they looked like a swarm of tiny little ants on the ground. Colorful powdered fireworks started to explode in the sky as never ending showers of flower petals permitted the air.

The fire blazing horses came to a stop making Hiro jolt forward. Zen stood up from his seat and quickly walked out with a dark expression. Neil and Cielo followed out of the carriage with a disgruntled look.

"Maybe we should tell His Majesty about Lord Commander's situation. If not, we don't know what he might do to him." Cielo inquired which made Neil nod in agreement.

"Your Majesty, welcome back to the Dragon Palace." The head servant of the King greeted with a bow.

"Bring him to Lord Versailes." Was the only word Zen gave out to his servants before taking long strides into the castle. A long line of servants followed his back as he walked away.

Neil and Cielo looked at each other before scampering after the head servant who had approached Hiro.

"Mister Daz... to not trouble you and your company, we can take him to the Great Healer. You have to take care of His Majesty for the celebration right? So let us take him to Lord Versailes." Cielo gave out a toothy smile.

This head servant contemplated for awhile before nodding and signaled for his two underlings to prepare to head out. Neil and Cielo breathed out a sigh of relief and quickly pulled Hiro inside the palace with them.

"Who was that man? And you two didn't even answer my question! Who are you and where am I?!" Hiro yelled.

Both of his arms were slung on either side of these two person, dragging him to who knows where.

"Stop shouting. Let the Head Spirit Healer answer your questions." Cielo frowned and without a warning, punch Hiro directly to his stomach making him lose his consciousness in a split second.

"Did you really have to do that?" Neil asked incredelously.

"He keeps on shouting. Even if the Lord's Commander spirit is inside him, I can hear him begging for me to punch the daylights out of this kid to make him shut up!" Cielo gritted his teeth.

"And if Lord Versailes founds out about this?"

"Just create a lie. Say that he was so shock that he lose consciousness." Cielo replied flipping his hair off from his face.

"Oh? Now I have to be the one to lie?" Neil sarcastically remarked.

Cielo heaved a sigh and glared at Neil. "Enough okay? Let's just carry him to the Healer."

--

The room of the so called Spirit Healer was located on a separate place. On the north wing of the palace, a tall tower built from cemented bricks stood eight storey high from the grounds. Vines had also started to creep up into these walls which made it looked ancient and old.

Neil and Cielo, together with the unconscious Hiro stood in front of the tower. Neil extended his hand and swipe it across the wall. A glowing passage emerge out and they quickly jumped in to see the Head Spirit Healer.

The room was so spacious that you can't even imagine how. If you look outside, this tower is narrower but when you are inside, the room was remarkably spacious!

"What have you done to him?" A man with long brown hair tucked in a ponytail and has a round spectacle over his face looked gloomily at the two. Hiro was lying unconsiously on the red sofa. Before Cielo could make out an excuse, Neil beat him to it.

"Cielo punch him to make him shut up." Neil answered with no hint of lie. His voice was cold and monotone. Cielo's eyes immediately darted at him in shock.

'You fucking traitor! I told you to lie!' He gritted. Cielo's eyes darted to Versailes. His face and body showed that he was nervous from his constant shivering.

"Hoh?" Versailes croaked out in amusement. His smile was sinister while the spectacles on his face emitted an evil glint.

"Ah- um... I-its not what you think my Lord." Cielo pleaded already down to his knees.

Neil just leisurely stood to the side like it was never his business to begin with. Cielo turned to Neil, his eyes were now like waterfalls as he cried.

"Lord Vice Commander! Help me please? Tell Lord Versailes I never meant harm towards our Lord Commander! Huhu..." Cielo beg as he continued weeping on the floor.

Neil was now sitting on the side, leisurely sipping a tea that was served by the servants. He looked at Cielo for a short second before going back on sipping his tea. Cielo wailed more and more.

'Lord Vice Commander!! You have let my soul perish under the hands of this perverted healer! How do you expect me to not wreck havoc after my death! Huhu...'

The constant clack of footsteps echoed in the room. The floorboards emanating a creaking sound as these footsteps became louder. Cielo looked up with fear evident on his face.

---

A group of servants were busy tending to the plants in the garden when suddenly a loud shout could be heard from atop the tower of the Great Healer, Lord Versailes.

"That voice... was that Captain Ceilo?" A girl servant asked.

"Yup. I bet Lord Versailes really missed Captain Cielo so much."