International Women's Day

I was born this way.
I know it's out of context but I was born a girl. I didn't choose my gender. My mom didn't, my dad didn't and nobody in general does. It's not my fault that I am a girl.
So today I had a little chat with my awesome mom about 'women rights'. She told me that when she was my age she applied for an apprenticeship. They then asked her if she wanted to get kids (that's forbidden). She didn't get the job, but a man with lower qualifications did. She's not really sad about it because she didn't want to do that it in the first place.

We have the same opinion on this:
Women should be paid the same as men for the same work. Yes, a woman needs maternity leave if she gets pregnant. No, a man doesn't but he doesn't carry a baby around with him. As soon as the baby is a healthy two months old and accepts baby food the father can also stay at home.
Wait,.. stereotypes! That's a typical 'women job'. So you might be viewed as unmanly if you do so. An example on how feminism is not only a women issue. It means equal. woman=men. Less prejudice for everyone, more freedom and less limitations by society.

I am grateful that I live in a country where women have enjoyed the right to vote for 100 years now (1918). Girls can go to school just like boys, get a driver's license and a proper job. I know that others are a lot further from this state... Austrian women gained this rights by fighting and as a result of war (there were men involved too). I am happy that the movement is growing now and a lot of progress is made. Everything starts as an idea and the idea and possibility of equality is reaching more and more people.  :)

A/N:
If you've made it until here 👏👏👏.
Thank you so much for reading! 💖
Please comment your thoughts!!!