Chapter 1

Harry was listening to the teacher very carefully, he didn't want to mess up his first day at this school. What were the houses again? Slytherin, gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw.

'Ravenclaw sounds the nicest' Harry thought as the teacher in front of him lead them towards the hall.

They were all in a line. Behind him was a red-haired boy whose name was Ron Weasley.

In front was a boy not much taller than him with the lightest hair Harry had ever seen, it was beautiful. Harry hoped whatever house he was in this boy would also be in his house.

As they all got to the front of the great hall, the teacher pulled a list of names and started calling them out one by one.

"Granger Hermione"

A girl with big bushy hair went up and sat on the stall as the teacher placed the old hat on her head.

"GRYFFINDOR"

The hat shouted as got up and left to sit at one of the four tables.

"Malfoy Draco"

The blonde boy in front of me went up to the stall. Before the hat was placed on his head it already shouted "SLYTHERIN"

"Potter Harry"

Harry was next. He was too nervous to hear all the whispering about him as he walked up to the stall.

As the hat was placed on this head, he heard a strange voice he was sure no one else could hear "hmm... Where to put you?"

Harry was gripping the edge of his seat tightly now. After a while, the hat finally made up its mind.

"SLYTHERIN"

Cheers erupted from the Slytherin table. As I walked towards it. The only seat left was the one next to the blonde boy, Draco Malfoy.

"nice to meet you. I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." he held out his hand for Harry to shake, he did so. As the blonde boy's hand touched his own he felt some sort of feeling he'd never felt before.

Maybe it was because he was making a friend or something.

Once all of the food came out, Harry started shovelling it down. He'd never seen this much food in his life.

Draco Malfoy, the blonde boy, who was sitting next to him was talking to a ghost who had suddenly popped up through the table.

His voice was so smooth he wanted to talk to him forever

~~~~~~~~~~

They were walking back to their common rooms, the prefect was showing them the way.

When they got through the door, they each took turns in staring at the amazingly decorated room.

Harry couldn't move his eyes from the windows, they were stained green and instead of being able to see the Hogwarts grounds through them he could see the black lake.

At that moment, a giant squid passed by the window.

"oooh"

Most of the Slytherins also saw it.

"right, off to bed!" one of the perfects shouted.

No one knew where to go except Malfoy. "follow" he said to me.

~~~~~~~~~~

So that's the first chapter! I know it's small but I hope you liked it. I'll probably post another one today or tomorrow so look out for that:)