' Chapter Eight

Montae's POV:

Martell and I have finally made it official, and we stand at a solid five months. They've been full of joy, promises, kisses, and love. I still haven't gave up the cookies yet, but we have made out a lot!

My mother had to leave because of business reasons, but since she's not far away, she comes to visit me occassionaly. She even told me that I could come to work with her one day, very soon.

I got to school this morning and Martell wasn't standing by my locker, as usual. I kinda' began to worry a little, but then I spotted Raven over by a set of lockers.

" Hey Rae, where's your brother? " I asked, hugging her.

" Oh, he's at home sick as a dog. Throwing up, and I'm sure you can guess the rest. You should come to the house after school, check on him? " she suggested.

" I think I'll do that and by the way, you look cute today. " I complimented.

" Thank you. You too, as always. " she said.

You'll never guess what happens next? The homeroom bell rang. Why is it that everytime I try to have a decent conversation in the morning, the damn bell rings?

I was in Mrs. Francesca class with Theresa and Mina. She finally let us into our groups to do our projects.

" Ya'll this project is lookin' good. " Theresa examined the poster board.

" I know, right? I ain't gonna' lie, I'm suprised we gettin' done so early. " I agreed.

" Normally when we're together, all we do is talk. " Mina chuckled.

" I swear! So Montae, Jared is having a party this weekend. Me, Mina, and Sierra are staying at my house, wanna join? " Theresa asked me.

" Jared throwin' a party? Come on now, you know how I feel about that nigga. He gotta' slick ass mouth, and I know he gonna' try me. " I replied.

" But you not gonna' be with him, you gonna' be with us. " Mina make a good point.

" Yeah, that's true. Ight, I'll go. " I sighed. They both screamed in excitement.

" Umm, that little group back there? Calm it down for me, please? " Mrs. Francesca warned us.

" Yes, Mrs. Francesca. "

After school, I hopped in the car, stopped by the store, and followed Raven to her house. They had this big, pretty house made of bricks. Marble countertops and glass faucets. It was beautiful!

I walked in the house and Raven led me to the kitchen. There was this woman standing over the stove, cooking something that smelled amazing. Just like my granny's cooking.

" Ma'? This is Montae. " Raven said, pointing at me.

" Hey baby, how are you? " she said, shaking my hand.

" I'm well, how about yourself? " I replied, making myself seem all proper.

" I'm awesome. You here for Martell? "

" Yess ma'am. I brought him something to drink, that might help. "

" Oh, how nice of you? He's right upstairs to the left. " she informed me.

" Thank you and nice to meet you. " I stated before walking upstairs.

" Mutual, sweetie! "

I walked upstairs, and peeked into Martell's room. He was curled up into a ball, holding his pillow.

Martell's POV:

I heard somebody walk through my door, sit a noisy bag with something in it down, and kiss me on my cheek.

" Ma'? "

" No. " a male voice said back.

" Montae? "

" Bingo. "

" Aw babe, I don't want you to get sick. "

" It's okay, I brought you a sprite. It'll help with your stomach. " he told me.

I sat up and took a sip of the drink, then closed it back. I patted the spot on the bed next to me. He understood and came to lay on my chest. I started to feel a lot better.

" How was school? "

" It was aight, boring as usual. "

" Learn anything? "

" Yeah, from the teachers that did teach. " he chuckled.

" Thank you for the sprite, babe. "

" No problem. " he said kissing my cheek. " Whatchu' doin' this weekend? "

" Going with my mother to a banquet in Virginia, what about you? "

" Going to some houseparty Theresa wants me to go to, if that's fine with you? "

" Yeah, go have your fun! I don't control you or what you do. I trust you. " I smiled.

" That's good to know. " he mumbled, sliding his hands across my abs.

" You think you slick, huh? "

" What you talkin' bout, boy? "

It felt good laying next to Montae. After all, he was one of the reasons I looked foward to waking up everyday. I loved him. He loved me. Five months? Let's go ahead and say five years. Hell, fifty!

Later after Montae left, I had to get up and handle my post. It didn't even matter that I was sick, I still had to go. I got up, took a shower, and headed out.

Today, business was slow, foreal. It was freezing out here and it's still the beginning of January. I don't even know why Kenny put us out here in the winter time because business don't be jumpin' like it normally is. I liked the fact that it was slow tonight though because I aint have to do much of nothing, so I went home early.

Once I went home, everybody was still up and it was only eight. I drunk the rest of my sprite Montae brought me, and I went to lay down. I couldn't help but really think I was ready for Montae to come and really meet my mother and my family.

Me: What do ya' say we meet the parents next weekend?

Him: Perfect!