' Chapter Sixteen

Marcus ^^

Montae's POV:

Today was the big day. Meetings, consultants, and more. I even got to see where my office would be. I was so greatful for this opportunity. It was something that only someone could dream of.

I was in the bathroom, brushing my teeth, hair, and last minute prepping. My mother was downstairs cooking breakfast. I then heard her coming up the stairs.

" Breakfast is ready, we have to be out by nine, meetings don't start until twelve, and you should be done by two. I'm about to get dressed. " she explained.

" Yes ma'am, I'm ready now, just have to put on my clothes. " I replied.

" What's todays slay? " she snapped her fingers.

" That. " I pointed to the outfit. It was a red long sleeve button down shirt, a black bow-tie, and some black pants. Business casual as some people would call it.

" Smart choice. You're actually better than I thought. " she chuckled.

" Well whatchu' suggesting, lady? " I stank faced her.

" Nothing, just don't forget to eat. You've got a long day ahead of you. " she said, going into her room.

I finished up, and went down to eat breakfast before I put my clothes on. She had cooked pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, grits, and blue berry muffins. I was about to be feasting down here. I fixed my plate, fixed a cup of orange juice, and then I started eating.

After ten minutes or so, my mother came down stairs.

" You not gonna' eat? " I asked her.

" Oh, I ate while I was cooking. " she said.

" Alright, I'm finna wash this plate then get dressed. "

" Don't worry about it, just drop it in the dish washer. " she stated.

I dropped it in the sink and proceeded upstairs. While I was getting dressed, Martell crossed my mind so I decided to call him.

Martell: " Wassup, bae? "

Me: " Goodmorning, how was your sleep? "

Martell: " Horrible, I miss you laying next to me."

Me: " I know, I miss you too! I'll be back in about a week. How's Niyah doing? "

Martell: " Great! She asked about you. "

Me: " Aww, I miss my pookie snookie yellow booty. "

Martell: " Wow, don't ever say that again. " he laughed.

Me: " Watever, whatchu' doing today? "

Martell: " Prolly nothing, just chilling at Mike house. "

Me: " Why you at Mike's house? "

Martell: " Lord, I got kicked out. "

Me: " Why? "

Martell: " Made a mistake and told my ma' I was selling drugs. "

Me: " How you manage to do that? "

Martell: " Talking about you! "

Me: " Why me? "

Martell: " No, the night I told you. "

Me: " Oh, okay. Is she going to let you come back? "

Martell: " Yea, when Niyah comes back to the house, which is when you get back. Both of my babies coming back to me at the same time. "