#22

Tords POV

     I hear my name being said faintly. It gets louder, "Tord.... Tord." I hear Paul say. I open my eyes from my sleep. I realize I've been asleep the whole flight. I sit up quickly, "oh, um-" "its time to get off the plane, sleepy head." Paul says taking his seatbelt off. Patryck wasn't in front of us. Neither was the old man. "Where's Patryck?" I ask. "Waiting for us outside the plane. It took a while to wake you up." He says with a laugh.

     "Oh sorry... I didn't really get much sleep before leaving." I say fading into a mumble. "Eh, its fine. Come on lets get off." He says standing up and getting my suitcase for me. I unbuckle my seatbelt standing up following Paul to the way out. We get out, into another airport. We go through the security again. This time I'm more confident.

     We get outside to find that its night time. "I'll go get the car since I'm the only one who remembers where you parked it." Patryck says glaring at paul then walking off into the parking lot. Since it was night, it was kinda chilly, and not many people were out, except for the ones getting off our plane, which was the last.

     Me and paul sit at a bench waiting for Patryck to get the car. "What about the car you used to pick me up?" I ask. "It was a rental, someone went out there to get it." He says "the one here is actually ours." He says lighting a cigarette.

     I look at him with confusion. "You still smoke?" I ask. "You ask to many questions. Just relax." He says breathing in the cimicals. "There bad for you." I say. "You don't think I know that? Didn't you use to smoke cigars?" He says pulling out another one and handing it to me. "Cigars are different... " I reply with annoyance, as he hands me the lighter.

     I hold the cigarette and lighter. I hate plain old cigarettes, but Paul nods his head. I sigh lighting the cigarette and taking a breath. It burnt a little, but tasted ok. I hand the lighter back to him. "Don't you remember how great they are?" He says leaning against the bench, sinking in, comfortably into his seat.

     Before I could answer, a black car rolls up. The window rolls down and an angry Patryck is looking at Paul. Paul doesn't notice because his eyes are shut closed. "EH-HEM!" Patryck says aloud. Paul jolts up and smacks the cigarette out of my hand on perpuse. "What the heck?" I say looking down at the fallen cigarette. "Pretend it wasn't my fault." He whispers to me.

     "You know I can hear you." Patryck says glaring at Paul. "Just get in the car." He says rolling the window back up. Paul puts my suitcase in the trunk while I get in the back seat. I sit on the left side, leaning on the door, looking out the window. Once Patryck started driving I fell back asleep, bundled up with my hood on and my hands in my pockets.

Matts POV

     its been almost a whole 24 hours without Tord. I think its weird that Tord leaving has made Tom stay up watching romantic comedy shows. Edds room is down the hall from mine, and I can tell he's not asleep. I keep hearing movement... I get up from my bed walking out of my room, checking down stairs on Tom.

     He sits there. His Hoodie off, and arms crossed, as he watches the most bizarre thing to watch. Maybe he's just being himself since Tord isn't here to pick on him. I walk down the hall, to Edds room. I make a quite knock on the door. "You can come in" I hear Edd say on the other side. opening the door and walking in I see a fully dressed Edd sitting down on his bed. He's not in his pajamas at 12:34 am.

     He's even got his shoes on still. "Edd what are you doing?" I ask. "what do you mean?" he replies with a small yawn. "I mean... why aren't you in bed, in your pajamas. asleep?" I say taking a seat next to him on his bed. "why aren't you in bed?" he says glancing up at the door. "I can hear the TV from my room." I say mumbling. "oh.." he says. its silent.

     We both sit there, silently waiting. Waiting for someone to brake the silence. "what were you doing just sitting on your bed?" I finally ask. "thinking." he replies. "thinking?" "yeah.. just, thinking".