Chapter 27

"Come on! You can't be that slow! It's like you're letting me win at this rate! Heheh!"

The whole world seemed to rush past him as he followed behind the small, energetic skeleton taking the lead in front of him. The colors of multiple greens and browns along with a ton of white covered his vision, the smell of pine trees and freshly fallen snow enveloping his senses. The cold wind never bothered the two, it just blew right through them anyway, but it did occasionally lift them off the ground by a few inches, as if wanting to carry them off to somewhere else, somewhere better. If he had any lungs then he's sure that they would've exploded by now, but if the other guys not slowing down, then there's no way in hell that he will either.

"Don't get so cocky short stuff!"

With a large leap forward, he managed to reach and grab onto the waist of the smaller, pulling them both so that their weight sent them tumbling into the snow. Laughter echoed through the trees around them, joy surrounding the atmosphere these two made together. A large, powdery pile of snow cushioned their final fall on the ground, the two being too busy with having their limbs entangled and laughing like there was no tomorrow. The smaller one was pinned down to the snow covered ground by the others body, but neither made a move to get out of the position they were in, it was quite comfy for both of them after all. Giving themselves a few minutes to let out the laughs then get their breath back, their eyes met together at the same moment, brilliantly shining and changing colors and shapes meeting small yet mystic eyes of red and yellow. Not a single sound disturbed the peaceful silence between the two, it was, what they felt like, a perfect moment. A smile was on the face of the one against the snow, the colors of the rainbow gently shading his own cheeks.

"Heh, good job, you caught me."

A wide smirk adorned the face of the one on top of him, his fingers coming up and gently caressing the others cheek.

"Said I would didn't I? So do I get that prize now?"

A small smirk along with a nod came from the other, his arms wrapping around the neck on the one on top of him to pull him closer. Both their lips connected in a gentle kiss, the snow gently falling around them, acting as a shield from the judging eyes of everyone and everything around them.

Their lives were finally perfect, they had each other and that's all they ever needed.

RESET