Letter Twenty

Dear Bully,

I'm sorry in advance if this letter is longer than usual. I just really want to vent about everything that happened to me last night.

The day before yesterday you invited me to a party. Just walked right up to me in economics, and said that you wanted to make amends, that you were sorry about everything you've done to me thus far. I was ecstatic. I thought the bullying would finally stop, and I would get my friends back again and I could just live out the rest of high school in normality.

Of course, that didn't happen. I spent an hour trying to pick out what to wear. I even put on some makeup, I wanted to make the best appearance since this all started. I thought I looked great in that little black dress, I had lost so much weight. My mom was even happy that I was finally going out, she didn't even care if it was to a high school party.

Once I got there everything seemed normal. People were dancing, drinking, couples doing unsavory things in literally every dark corner. You walked up to me as soon as I met your eye, and you smiled. You grabbed my arm and linked it in yours and said you had someone you wanted me to meet. So you and I walked arm in arm to Chase, one of the most popular guys at our school.

We talked for awhile and I was so unbelievably happy. You seemed to want to hang out, I was talking to an actual boy.

All was well.

Until he took me into the bedroom because he wanted to talk in a more private area. I don't know if you planned this. Even if you didn't I still blame you for what happened.

I don't know why I thought last night would go any different. I hate you.