On Duty.

Life on the Ark was really difficult for a lot of people, especially the ones in Section 17

Life on the Ark was really difficult for a lot of people, especially the ones in Section 17. I have a couple of friends in that section even though my father, Marcus Kane, told me to find some other friends that weren't so problematic for our family. It was bullshit really. I'm eighteen years old. I can take care of myself and be friends with whoever the fuck I want to be friends with.

"There's a few of my friends going to this small chaperoned party tonight. You know the one, right?" I asked my father as we ate dinner together, toying with my food.

"I do and which friends are these?" He asked and I rolled my eyes, a small sigh escaping my lips.

"Dad," I mumbled, shaking my head as I placed my fork on the table, suddenly losing my appetite. "Does it really matter which friends I'm going with. All of them are going. Raven, Clarke, Wells, and Finn."

My dad closed his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose as he pushed the tray away from him. "Well, if Clarke and Wells are going to be there I guess you can go just please be careful," he mentioned and even though I'm a bit angry at him for saying it like that I'm pleased I can get out of our small apartment.

"Thanks, dad," I smiled, getting up from my seat quickly running out of the mess hall. I walked into Section 17, going towards the door I've always found myself going to when I needed to get away from my father.

I knocked on the door in a certain way, signaling them that I was me as I heard the door unlock, opening a bit a second later. The frown on my lips turned into a smile as the person I've been dying to see the past couple days stepped into view, his brunette hair messy as it just looked like he had woken up.

"Y/N, hey," Bellamy muttered, wiping his eyes as I grinned up at the man.

"Afternoon, Bell," I laughed, crossing my arms over my chest as I rocked back and forth. "Late night?" I asked as he stepped to the side, letting me into his place as he nodded his head.

"Yeah, I had the graveyard shift even though I have to be on duty tonight at that party. So, tomorrow when I have the day and night off I'm gonna be sleepin' all day long," he smirked and I shook my head as he shut the door.

"Aw you poor thing," I mumbled, pouting at him as I ran my fingers through his hair. "Would it make you feel better about going on duty tonight if I told you that I'll be there?" I asked, tilting my head to the side as I grinned.

Bellamy's eyes widened as his hands landed on my hips. "Kane's letting you go?" He asked and I nodded my head, lacing my fingers together as they rested on his neck.

He dipped his head down, pressing his lips to mine as I let out a content sigh, moving my lips against his until someone cleared their throat, making the two of us pull apart. I glanced towards our left, seeing his sister, yes I said sister, sitting at the table with her eyebrows raised on a smirk on her lips.