wednesday - day three

Dear Evan Hansen,

Today is going to be a good day. Why, you ask? Because you're Evan Hansen! You're you. Enough said, my friend.

Sincerely,
Me.
P.S. Looking around, trying to find me will do you no good. LOL! It's cute though. :)

Friend. Evan paused at the word. The sender called him friend. He was overjoyed. No one ever called him friend, because they all thought he was a loser, which he was, obviously, now here was a mysterious anonymous person sending him letters for three days straight, telling him that "today was going to be a good day".

Unable to contain his curiosity, he shoved the paper in his pants — the same pair he's been wearing for three days — along with the two letters and fished a paper in his bag. He scribbled down a few words and inserted the paper in one of the slits of his locker, letting it stick out a little bit, so only those who are paying close attention will notice.

Who are you? Why are you doing this? he'd written.

He left the hallway and shuffled to his first period. After four classes and a short break, he went back to his locker to grab a binder he'd left.

There, sitting atop a pile of books, was another letter.

Call me Maria.

Evan noticed that Maria only answered his first question.

"Maria," he whispered. The name sounded foreign and unfamiliar, but it rolled nicely off his tongue, his lips tingling.

It felt nice to have a friend.