Chapter 18

"Try again." Rhys said.

Akira concentrated on gathering air in her palm and making a ball. She felt the air gather and circling, then flowing away.

"Again." Rhys said.

"I can not do it. This is the twentieth time I tried. I can not form this air ball."

"Twenty times are too early to give up. Be happy that you can actually gather wind by now. Most can't do it so early. Try again."

Akira gritted her teeth. Two weeks had passed since Kelly tried to kill her. Kelly had not woken up yet. Aaron had said that her body was okay and that she was lucky to survive.

Witch possesion strained the body and the mind a lot and it was prohibited because of the concequences following. Edeline was a criminal for having done that.

Witch possession happened when a bond between the witch and the possesed one was made. And apparently Akira had helped break it...somehow.

It could have been that Kelly just didn't want to kill her or that Edeline felt she no longer needed the female vampire and broke it off, so it couldn't be traced back to her.

"Just try it already, brat."A half smile played on Rhys's lips.

Akira wanted to punch his smug expression off his face. She still wasn't sure why she could touch him. When Raven had visited her at the hospital she wanted to throw up. But not with Rhys.

Akira groaned. She opened her palm and concentrated.

"Think of a sphere circling circling around itself."

Breeze licked Akira's face as she though of a sphere. She didn't feel any change like before, no wind gathering. She cleared her mind and pictured a twirling ball.
Nothing happened.

Useless.

"Don't beat yourself down." Rhys said. Akira raised her brow. "Your face betrays it." he chuckled. "Maybe you need another demonstration?"

Someone yelped and fell from a nearby tree. "What the hell?" Stephan rubbed his head.

"What are you doing here? And what happened to you?" Rhys was slightly trembling, but kept his lips sealed as if he wanted to prevent his laugh.

"If you laugh, I'll kick your ass
"Stephan growled.

Rhys's chuckles became loud laughter that echoed in my ears. Stephan's small black wings popped out at his back and his tail rushed to Rhys.

Rhys's body flammed up before he was hit. Wind gathered between them like a wall. Stephan yelped and pulled his tail back while letting profanities.

"Guys!"I said.

"Is she angry?"Stephan asked.

"It's probably in reaction to our magic." Rhys observed.

"Most likely." Stephan nodded.

"Do not.Talk.As if.I am not. Here!" I said calmly. That made terror rise to both Rhys and Stephan's eyes.

"Put the swords down, brat." Rhys said.

Can it be?

Akira looked around her. She let a big groan followed by a sigh. She had unconsciously created weapons again, as she had whenever she practised with Rhys and her iritation took the better of her.

How do I make them go away again?

Akira pictured the swords as Mrs Mcleon had told her. She pictured them fading and disappearing in small sparkles- the leftover of used magic.