«one»

present day, 2028
" really i loved you, it's because i loved you so much " — day6's i loved you

park hye ra

i unbuckled my seatbelt and climbed out of my car, shutting the door behind me as i exhaled.

i had arrived at the location of my high school gathering.

you see, the class promised to hold a gathering in ten years to see who and how they would have changed.

that was the reason i turned up today.

reaching the front of the school gates, a sense of nostalgia engulfed me. i crack a small smile.

i walk into the school and looked about. i noticed that much has changed about it, but i knew i wouldn't forget about my memories here.

ascending the stairs towards the school auditorium, i start to hear voices from its direction.

my hand extends to push open the doors, and as soon as i do, cold air blows against my skin. the air conditioning was switched on.

as i enter, i glance about to see a few familiar faces that hasn't changed.

"jaemin?" i murmur under my breath in amusement. he was happily laughing with another classmate i recognised. jeno.

i still remember how the two of them were such good friends. looks like they still are.

i smile wryly as i approach them in slow steps.

"yah, you two," i greet them as they both turn towards me. "how have you been?"

the two of them look at me with puzzled expressions, as if they were thinking who i was.

then, a wave of realisation washes over jeno's features. "park hye ra? is that you?" he exclaims in surprise.

i smile and nod.

"what, park hye ra? the girl with long, dark hair?" jaemin looks confused.

"yeah, that was me."

"really! what happened to your hair?" jaemin motions towards my hair.

"oh, this?" i lift my hand to feel my short hair. "i just...felt like it." i simply say.

"what a pity. you looked better with longer hair," jeno comments, and looks around. "you didn't come with anyone else?"

"anyone else?" i say. "well..."

"park hye ra! it's you, right?" i hear a loud voice yell. i turned my head towards the voice.
a boy jogs up to me.

"you are?" i look at him from up to down.

"donghyuk. lee donghyuk, you know? the jokester." he announces proudly.

"right." i laugh as i start to recognise his demeanour.

"good! so you remember me," he chuckles. "i would remember you."

"huh, why?"

"you're the one that always hangs out with renjun." he bluntly says, and i couldn't say anything for a while.

"...oh. yeah." i chuckle, my eyes trailing off, eventually coming to a stop as the auditorium door opens again.

____________________________

a week of holidays have begun, but with loads of homework ;(

how are you guys liking this story so far?

also, do follow my IG @taebreezeuhuh_
For any Wattpad updates, etc! :)