«two»

ten years ago, 2018
" when we first met, i thought you were so beautiful " – inspired by wanna one's beautiful

huang renjun

"hello, my name is huang renjun. i came here from china." i introduced myself in front of my brand new classmates.

the class applauded to my introductions, and the teacher started to speak.

"you all may feel free to speak to him in korean. he knows the language well," her voice booms, interrupting the applause. "renjun, you may sit beside hye ra over there." the teacher gestures towards the back of the classroom.

i nod and walk towards the seat. as soon as i arrived, the girl greets me with a vibrant smile on her face.

"hello! you speak korean really well. oh, and if you need any help, you can feel free to ask me!" she offers happily.

her smile was still etched on her face, her dimples peeking out as she does.

i held in my breath and stood still for a while.

i wasn't sure how to describe how it felt like. how i thought.

i didn't even notice how i was staring at her, how i actually really liked her long, dark hair.

i finally snapped out of it as her smile fades away in confusion. "are you okay?" she asked.

"i'm fine." i return her smile as i pull out my chair and sat down.

"oh yes, and, ms.park hye ra?" the female teacher was about to begin her lesson, but she seemed to recall something.

hye ra looks up at her teacher.

"show renjun around school, will you?"

___________________________

park hye ra

the school bell rung noisily as it marks the start of recess.

i cast a look in the new student's direction. he was still jotting down notes on the previous lesson. curious, i leaned closer to him to see what he was writing.

"wow." i gasp as i see his neatly written notes.

renjun seemed to have finally noticed my presence as he jumps back in surprise.

"w-what are you looking at?" he nervously says.

"i was just wondering what you were doing," i smile cheekily. "sorry."

"no, it's okay," he shuts his notebook. "i was just surprised."

"okay then. i need to show you around school, wanna come?" i ask.

"sure, why not?"

"then come on." i stand to my feet, not looking back as i leave the classroom.

the two of us then walk down the hallways.

"obviously, here are the year three classes," i point out the class plates. "so, renjun. do you like singing?"

"huh?" he look at me, puzzled.

"or dancing? if not, why did you come to the school of performing arts?"

"i like both." renjun says.

"you do, really?" i feel myself get excited.

"yup. both."

"i don't really hear people saying they like both! but to me, i like both too." i happily share with him my thoughts.

as the two of us walk further down the year three hallways, we realise we have a lot in common, like being an only child, liking the same kind of things, the same flavoured ice cream.

we immediately clicked well, but our laughter-filled conversation was cut short as another voice interjects.

"hye ra-yah!" the boy waves enthusiastically.

"mark?" my lips curve into a grin as i see him. everyone knew mark as a friendly senior. in fact, he was popular between the juniors.

not to mention that i knew him even better since we worked at the same place. a coffee shop nearby school.

"why are you up here in the seniors' level?" he asks, then his eyes trail onto renjun standing beside me.

"oh? i haven't seen you around."

"ah, yeah, he's new. this is renjun," i tell mark. "renjun, this is mark. he's a friend of mine."

the two exchange short greetings.

"i was just showing him around school." i reply mark's question.

he nods. "right. renjun? if you need anything, you can always come to me. i have to return to class now. see you guys." he gives a wave and disappears into his classroom.

__________________________

ok so very likely that i will keep reverting the povs.

e.g. hye ra then renjun then hye ra again