3. Nightmare or Reality!

The spirit took slow steps to get out of the house. Anika tailed behind the spirit maintaining a safe distance from it. As soon as it crossed the front door, she rushed out to the door.

When Anika was outside, there was no clue of Shivaay. But how was that possible? She knew that she heard him. She could never fail to recognise his voice. Her heart skipped a beat when she realized that that girl in white had also suddenly disappeared.

With a heavy heart, she took few steps and called out to Shivaay. What if the spirit has harmed him by the time she came out?

"Shi... Shivaay" she called his name.

But there was no reply. The only sound existed there was the gushing of the wind which blew some dried leaves along.She called his name again but it was all in vain.

Just then, she felt as if someone tapped on her shoulder, impulsively she turned behind, only to have her heart sunk down.

"Ahhh" she screamed. Her fear took over whatever courage that remained in her. She got scared after seeing that same girl, placing her hand on her shoulder.

"Who... "

"Who are you???" Anika asked after gathering some remaining courage.

She laughed evilly.

"Who... Who are you??? "She repeated her questions. Anika was on the verge of crying. Her mind said that she could handle this but her fear was convincing her mind otherwise.

The girl laughed again.

"I'm the one who's supposed to be asking this question to you.  This is my house and I'm living here for the last 5 years. So tell me who are you and what are you doing here, in my house that too with my Shivaay??? Huh?" she asked. Rage was clearly visible in her voice. She was really angry and didn't like Anika's presence in the house.

Anika became hell shocked after hearing those words from the spirit. Who wouldn't be? She just got married and was about to begin a new life with her husband but an obstacle in the form of some evil spirit is here in their house. And to add to this, it was questioning Anika. As Anika was battling with her fear, the spirit began laughing at her plight. That's exactly what it wanted.

Her house

Her Shivaay

What exactly does this spirit wants?

"I'm Anika... Shivaay's wife... "Anika replied, stammering. She knew that the only way to get the spirit to open her mouth was to reveal about herself. The spirit must know that Shivaay wasn't its but he belongs to Anika. And why not? They were bonded by the most sacred tie in the world, marriage.

She stopped her laughter and glared Anika dangerously. Her eyes were becoming more bloodshot. It was anger. Real anger.

"Where... Where's Shivaay??? "Anika asked.

"I heard his voice from here" She added upon getting no reply from her.

"It wasn't Shivaay. It was me. Leave my house and Shivaay otherwise it can turn into real. And I can do anything. Anything and I mean it... He's mine, his everything is mine... You better stay away or else... "She said as she looked at Anika's feet and again started laughing.

That's when Anika looked at her clothes from top to bottom, it was all red because of blood. The fear that she was holding behind began to engulf her wholly. Her heartbeat was increasing. She tried to call out for help but there was a huge lump in her throat which made her speechless. Tears began to betray her eyes as fear completely destroyed every tiny bit of her remaining courage.