Chapter One

If you didn't read the authors note, then please read it. It contains the trigger warning and I really don't want anyone complaining that I didn't put a trigger warning up when, in reality, I did. I just made it one in advanced that applies to all chapters. So please read at least the big part in the middle labeled 'TRIGGER WARNING'. Thanks! (Quick warning; I suck at using tenses!)

      There I sat, in the back of the classroom, contemplating my life. My back ached from the whipping I got last night, you could hear one of my bones groan and scream in agony every time I moved. My skin looked like someone had taken a white sheet and covered it in black, blue, green, purple, and yellow paint. There were scars everywhere. It was one of my better days. At least that morning I got woken up with a simple slap, as it was Tara's turn to wake me up and, even though she loved every moment she got to torture me, it had to be at least after six and I had to be woken up at three. I'm not sure why they didn't just buy me an alarm clock, considering I didn't need much to wake up, but I guess they thought I would just sleep through it and needed a beating to properly awaken me.

      My life isn't that bad, though. I may be the only Omega in the pack, considering I was seen as such a disgrace that I wouldn't need help and, once I was old enough to take care of the pack on my own, they sold and traded all the other Omega's. I was seven. I may have to clean the whole pack house, all the other houses in the pack, make sure the landscape is presentable, cook all the meals, listen to every demand, as well as various other chores. I may get beaten all the time. I may eat less then needed for a human to survive, the only thing keeping me going is my weakened wolf genes. I may sleep in a closet in the basement. I may be way smaller then the average Omega because of it. I may be a constant mess and smell because I'm only allowed to take ten minute showers once a week. I may be unloved. I may be put down all the time. I may be constantly lonely and have no friends. I may... okay. My life sucks. But. I have a mate out there somewhere.

      Hopefully he isn't dead. But, I'm pretty sure I'm around eighteen, so I should be able to sense him or her out there soon. And he'll save me. And everything I've been put through will be worth it. And he'll think I'm beautiful, despite the many scars I have. And he'll lo-

      "Omega!" came Mrs. Comino's shout, startling me and shattering my thoughts. She pointed out the window. "What, exactly, is so much more important out there then," She moved her hand, the pointer finger still pointing, in a circle to indicate the classroom, "in here? What, is your wolf longing to go for a run? OH, wait," She then made a big show of 'just remembering' something. "You don't even get a wolf until you meet your mate and get the mating bite, something that will never happen. I'm sure, even if you do have a mate then he would rather break the law and reject you then actually give you the bite. If, by some miracle, he does give you the bite, all he's going to do is lock you away and become stronger because he bonded with his fated mate. He may even let you have a few of his pups, but only because he'll need them, not because he wants you. But, everyone knows none of that's going to happen. You wanna know why?" She got real close to my face and I just looked down in shame. "You don't have a mate. You're worthless. Your parents are going to put you to work as a breeder as soon as you turn twenty and there's nothing you can do to stop it. The Breeders Program Directors won't believe you over your parents, they'll just claim you're delusional about seeing the death of the mate you just saw die and you think it was just a dream. Just you wait. Your whole life is going to be just as you are now; worthless. Hopefully the pups that come from you will never know who their mother was, considering how much shame it will bring them."

      Mrs. Comino stood up from where she had been leaning over me. "See me after class. There we'll talk about your punishment for interrupting the class" She then turned around and addressed the snickering class, all of them glad to have seen me put in my place while disappointed they won't be able to see the real punishment. "As for all of you, I am deeply sorry such valuable learning time was wasted. I assure you, the work you were supposed to do will be made up by this disgraceful Omega." She then turned back to me with an evil glint in her eye's. "In fact, I think you deserve a proper apology from this runt who is wasting so much precious time, don't you think?"

      A chorus of cheers and agreements were heard throughout the room, as everyone knew I hadn't spoken a word since before kindergarten, when the real abuse had started.

      "Go on," Mrs. Comino crooned, "apologize. If you do then you will be forgiven for your interruptions to the class."

      I knew she was lying, as did her and the rest of the class. When I was in first grade, I remember one of the few remaining Omega's who helped me with my workload, as I was way too young to do it all on my own, had been like me. She never spoke, but she got off better then the others because of it. Not speaking means you blend in easier and you don't mouth off, meaning slightly less beatings. But, one day she cracked. She had tripped in the kitchen while holding a glass measuring cup full of cold water. It would have been bad, but not too bad if she had simply cleaned it up and notified someone of the incident.  She would be punished, but not that severely if she went to the right person as you could buy those things for a dollar.  But, unfortunately for her, my father just happened to walk in.  A little bit of water splashed on his foot, as he had just came back from a run.  My father then gave her a choice.  He would forgive her for breaking the cup and spilling water on the Alpha if she simply apologized.  Too panicked by what she had just done, she didn't see the trap before it was too late.  You don't ever beg in our pack.  Meaning if you apologized, as an Omega anyway, something bad was going to happen to you.  As this girl wasn't always an Omega, she was demoted from her natural rank as a Delta and, even though she was normally really good at being an Omega, she didn't have that natural instinct telling her to shut up.  So, she stuttered and spit out a weak-sounding apology, as she hadn't used her voice in five years.  It wasn't until she saw the wicked grin on my father's face that she realized she had been tricked.  She was never an Omega to be sold for my seventh birthday present, the first and only present I had ever received, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't even on my birthday. but I wouldn't know.  She was never sold, but her body was found a couple years later. The only recognizable thing left was the words 'I'm sorry' cut across her skin several times, large, small, deep, and shallow.

     Slap

     "I told you to apologize to the class, not zone out!"  Snapped an infuriated Mrs. Comino.  She was nearly pulling all of my hair out of my head as she said this. 

     I did nothing. 

     I now have several new bruises, my nose has been broken again, which is pretty painfully considering it has never been properly healed in all the times it's been broken, and I have thirty-five different essays due by tomorrow, all of them having to be different sounding on the topic of the WereWar of '95.  Five pages each.

     I don't think I'm going to get any sleep tonight.

How is it?  I know several people wanted it to be first person, so I hope that was good enough.  And I'm not too sure how to describe the abuse scenes, so is that good enough with the flashbacks and memories and stuff, or do you want it to be more gory?  Please comment what you think, the next chapter will come after ten actual comments about the story.  I need feedback people!  Byee!!!!

P.S; My computer keeps saying I'm spelling 'Mrs.' wrong, but when I go to correct it it just tells me to spell it the exact same.  Anyone know what's up with that?