Rose's POV

8:28 am
I was woken up by the strong, heavy cries who I didn't know came from. I lifted my face up from the pillow with my eyes squinted trying to concentrate on what I was hearing.

"Mom it's okay, I know it's gonna be alright. Mom.." Said Aaliyah sniffling as if she was crying too but trying to comfort Christina at the same time.

I sat up and I could still hear Christina crying. I felt my stomach sink sensing a bad feeling. I looked over at the crib as Ava slept peacefully. I got up and opened my door trying to find where I heard the crying noise coming from. Walking up and down the hallway peaking in Aaliyah's room, they weren't in there I So peaked into Christina's bedroom. Her bedroom was dark, and cold with her drapes covering the windows making it even darker. On her big kingsized bed I saw the two figures of women. One which was sitting crying into her palms and the other holding and rubbing the others back. 

I walked in slowly, "Christina..." I Whispered.
I approached her bed where Aaliyah looked up at me with her eyes red and puffy. I held my mouth with my eyes wide open.

"What happened??" I asked quietly, but concerned.

"it's..Anthony..." she said sniffling.

"what???" I Asked.

"Anthony's been shot and he's in the hospital." She explained holding herself back from crying.

My heart cracked and my stomach dropped. I couldn't believe what my ears were hearing. Christina cried harder when Aaliyah told me that. I felt my eyes begin to water..but I was strong enough not to cry. I wanted to be polite and not ask anymore questions out of respect, I walked out the room gathering my thoughts.

Anthony was such a likable person and he never had enemies from my knowledge. My stomach dropped the more I thought about him. I felt my arms and legs shaking as I walked back into my room where I sat on my bed feeling the water start to fill my eyes...

I rubbed my eyes before they could even fall and the hard beating of knocks coming from the front door made me jump. I got up quickly and answered it.

"Is this house of Anthony Thorns mother?" A white man asked seriously dressed in a police uniform.

"Yes it is." I said nervously.

"Who is it that I'm speaking to?" He asked.

"I'm..his ex-girlfriend." I said with my voice cracking.

"May I have your name please?" He asked holding a pen and note pad.

"Rosa Quinones." I Said in my Spanish accent.

"Is there any family members of his in the house right now?" He asked.

"Yes there are, come in." I said holding the door open wider.

As he walked in, Aaliyah made her way into the living room rubbing her eyes.

"Rose, whose at the door?" She asked.

I looked back at her and didn't say anything because by the time she saw the police man and already knew who it was.

"Who are you?" The police man asked.

"I'm Aaliyah Thorn. His sister." She said walking towards the officer.

He wrote down her name and title on the notepad.

Christina walked down the hallway with the red, puffiness covering her face better because she was white.

"Who are you ma'am?" He asked as he saw Christina walking in.

"I'm Christina Thorn." She said sniffling her nose.

"You're his mother correct?" He asked with his eyebrows raised up.

"Yes sir." She said in a complying way.

"So I'm sure you've heard about Anthony and him being shot. I came over here to give you ladies the details on what happened. So we had a complaint yesterday from a neighbor saying that the music was too loud. So a police officer came around the house at 2am and knocked in the door. It seemed as if nobody was home at the time because nobody came to open the door. Well from what I heard, one of the officers looked into the window, and saw a man, who was identified as Anthony Thorn, laying in a pool of blood unconscious. She had all authority to break through the window and examine the body as she called for backup and paramedics. She explained seeing a bullet in his lower abdomen and the house he was in had marijuana and other drugs. She felt the his pulse, and by the grace of God his heart was beating slowly but surely. And that's when he was rushed to hospital.
Of course we still don't know who shot him and we're still investigating that, but I was sent over here to ask some questions." He explained and we sat on the couch focused on what he was saying.

"So May I ask, when was the last time you saw your son ma'am?" He asked looking into Christina's direction.

"I um saw him on June 30 at a hospital." She explained calmly.

"What were you guys doing in the hospital?" He asked.

"Me, my daughter and my daughter in-law, we're in the hospital with him because he just had a baby with um Rose here." She said pointing individually at Aaliyah and I.

"Ma'am when was the last time you saw Mr.Thorn?" He asked looking in my direction. My heard started racing.

"The last time I saw him ...was yesterday..." I admitted nervously.

His eyes widened.

"Around what time?" He asked about to write what I was about to say down.

"I saw Anthony yesterday around 1 and 1:30." I Said as I felt Christina's piercing eyes on me.

"Where? And what were you guys doing?" He asked sternly.

"Here..Anthony came here to see our daughter and ..that was it." I said.

"Ma'am, I'm going to need more details." He said staring in my eyes making my heart race faster.

"He came over and he just embraced our daughter and he talked to me a little, but I was ignoring him because I was in a bad mood and he only made it worse, and to be completely honest we ended up having sex in the backroom...and he also have my $200 for our baby. That's it." I said with my heard pounding.

Whenever I'm under pressure I've always said the complete honest truth.

I looked down at my hands and looked up and Christina and Aaliyah.

Aaliyah gave me that "oh shit" look and Christina looked at me as if she wanted to strangle me.

The officer stood up and said "thank you." And then he left.

There was an uncomfortable silence in the room...

Don't forget to vote & comment !!
What do you think is gonna happen next?? 😱