Chapter 2: Night Out= Stefan Salvatore

“He is way hot!” Leighton’s friend Halley smirked as they sat at the flashing green bar sipping on glasses of bright coloured soft drink. It was under 21’s night and they were both dressed in little coloured dresses that matched their brightly coloured pump shoes. Halley wore bright pink while Leighton wore bright blue and represented their favourite colours.
“So go get him.” Leighton encouraged Halley hoping she would finally stop sitting on the side lines. Halley was the shy one of the group and she never approached guys first, ever.
“No way he’s too cute for me,” Halley shrugged it off as she moved some of her strawberry blonde hair away from her face which was sticking to her red lipstick.
“You are beautiful and you don’t even know it!” Leighton rolled her eyes.
“Shut up I am not,” Halley disagreed as always.
“Hey can I buy you ladies a drink?” The hot guy that Halley was drooling over just moments ago asked them as he slipped in between the two best friends.
Leighton didn’t have a good view of him before but up close she could see how handsome he was with his brown hair, sparkling green eyes and flawless facial structure. He looked like a statue of perfection.
“Sure I’m Leighton and that’s my friend Halley,” Leighton replied as Halley stared at him in a trance like state. Leighton had to gently kick Halley’s leg to get her to snap back to reality before Halley came off as creepy.
“Nice to meet you both I’m Stefan, Stefan Salvatore,” He replied as he waved the bartender over, “Three more,” Stefan ordered and faced Leighton. He couldn’t believe how much she looked like Katherine and Elena. He was staring at the same beautiful brown hair, the same heart melting brown eyes and the same breath taking olive complexion. She held so much beauty that she didn’t fit the scene around her. All the girls were wearing short dresses. The kind that left very little to the imagination and too much make up while all the guys seemed desperate and completely out of Leighton’s league. The dance floor was full of sweating bodies which were all dancing together like they were about to have a group orgy. To Stefan it was tasteless.
“Do you come here often?” Stefan asked as the bartender slid the bright coloured drinks over towards them. Only a few things had changed in the last twenty years: most vehicles, houses, buildings, machines and traffic lights were all solar powered. Everything electrical was very slim, light and transparent and the new obsession was bright colours. Even the drinks glowed all different shades of pinks, greens, yellows, purples and blues. Stefan didn’t see the point, to him it made the drink look unappealing and just plain wrong. He enjoyed the past a lot more than the present.
“Sometimes, Halley loves it here; don’t you Halley?” Leighton replied grateful the techno music didn’t carry over from the dance floor; she didn’t feel like shouting to be heard.
“Yeah I love techno music,” Halley replied although Stefan’s gaze never moved from Leighton’s and she felt slightly irritated by Stefan’s rude behaviour; he could have at least quickly glanced at Halley.
“What about you do you like the music?” Stefan asked Leighton who was starting to feel uneasy by his intense and beautiful stare.
“It’s okay,” she shrugged as she took a sip of her blue drink that matched her blue shoes and dress.
Stefan looked even deeper into her eyes and she felt a little mesmerised; no one spent that much amount of time looking at just her eyes. “Let’s go back to your place,” he spoke hoping he would be able to compel her; he hadn’t tried yet so far all he had done was watch over her.
“Excuse me?” Leighton asked shocked since usually guys waited until at least the third drink before they tried a line like that.
He looked into her eyes again. “I said let’s go back to your place just you and me,” he tried again but it didn’t work. Leighton had vervain on her or in her. Stefan wasn’t surprised at all but he had to at least try. They didn’t have much time; Klaus could have already been in town.
Klaus had his body back thanks to Bonnie who performed a preservation spell on it although that didn’t mean he would use his own body; he could have been anyone if he had a strong witch by his side.
“I’m spoken for and I need to use the restroom; excuse me,” Leighton spoke before she stood to her feet and walked across the room. She was offended that he thought she was the type of girl to take a stranger back to her house let alone her bed. Stefan quickly realised he should've tried a different line to test the waters.
Unbelievable! She thought to herself as she pushed open the green glowing door and waved her hand under the hand sensor; seconds later cold water covered her hands, and she splashed her face with the refreshing liquid. It was exactly what she needed to cool herself down.
I’m going to tell him to go get bent and not to bother us again. Leighton decided to herself as she headed back to the bar although Halley and Stefan weren’t there anymore; only the drinks were left behind and Leighton started to worry that Halley had left with the slime ball.
Leighton scanned the area, and after a few short moments her gaze landed on Halley and Stefan dancing together amongst the small sea of gyrating bodies; part of Leighton was proud of Halley but the worried part wished Halley had chosen to dance with another less creepy guy.
Stefan smiled at Leighton and continued to look at her while he danced with Halley and she knew there was something wrong about him; she got a weird feeling the kind that sent her body on edge.
“Hey I’m so sorry I’m late,” Jen rushed up to Leighton who was standing by the bar.
“About time,” Leighton replied more harshly than she had intended.
“Okay what happened?” Jen asked as she neatened out her blonde hair and followed Leighton’s gaze. Stefan was still looking at her and Jen became instantly confused.
“Nothing he was just trying to get me to take him back to my place and now he is all over Halley; there’s something not right.”
“Why is he staring at you?” Jen asked; just like Leighton and Halley she was wearing a little coloured dress that matched her bright yellow pumps.
“I don’t know and sorry about snapping at you,” Leighton replied. She lost her view on Halley when a guy stepped into her line of vision.
“Hey you girls want to dance?” he asked and that’s when Leighton noticed he had a friend beside him. They were wearing white t-shirts that clung to their ripped abs, and bright coloured pants. They were cute although their tans looked fake plus Leighton didn’t plan on dancing with anybody; she was going to see Eli soon.
“Well look at you boys; you must work out,” Jen twirled some of her blonde hair around her finger; she was the group "slut" and she wasn’t shy about it either. Jen was very outgoing; it’s what Leighton admired most about Jen.
“How about you take them both?” Leighton suggested and they smiled along with Jen.
“You don’t mind?” Jen asked.
“Nope I have to slip out anyway.”
“Okay let’s go boys,” Jen quickly blew Leighton a kiss before she lead them over to the dance floor and Leighton couldn’t help but laugh at her friends behaviour.
As Leighton took one last look at Halley and Stefan she quickly got out her phone and texted Eli; she felt so lucky to have him. She didn’t care that he was 11 years older than her because he was perfect . . . They were perfect together.

Be there soon XoxoxoX

Leighton texted on her purple thin touch screen phone; only Halley and Jen knew who Leighton was dating; to everyone else she had to keep it a secret until she graduated in two years although it was killing her metaphorically of course. Leighton wanted the world to know that she was happy and in love with Eli.

Can’t wait
Love Eli.

“See you next time,” Leighton said to the bartender Max. Leighton and her friends were regulars and Max always gave them discounts on drinks, snacks and shots.
“Have a good night Leighton,” he replied as she smiled at him before she left the heated club. Part of her felt bad for leaving Halley with the Stefan guy but Jen was there now, and she was protective and a hard ass; Halley was in very safe hands.

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?

VOTECOMMENTFANADD TO LIBRARY ... XOX