Chapter 8: Flashback: Giving In

The music was pumping, the lights were flashing and everyone was swaying to the beat of the RnB music on the dance floor. It was just after midnight; March 2032 and Caroline and Tyler were in Miami at the largest dance club called The Meet.
They were trying to forget about Klaus well at least Tyler was. Tyler was sick of Klaus stalking Caroline; he wanted to rip off Klaus' head but he couldn’t. They still weren’t 100% sure that Klaus had sired their blood line but they couldn’t take any chances.
Caroline on the other hand was finally starting to fall for Klaus even though she swore to herself that she wouldn’t and couldn’t ever feel anything for him other than hate and disgust.
She loved Tyler and the last thing she wanted to do was hurt him but her feelings for Klaus were growing; bit by bit every day that he showed his face and tried to charm Caroline.
I’m screwed. Caroline thought silently as she slipped past all the bodies on the dance floor and headed for the bar.
“The strongest thing you have please,” Caroline yelled over the music and the bartender nodded and starting mixing fluoro coloured liquids as Caroline took a seat on the stool.
“Make that two,” Klaus yelled to the same bartender as he compelled the man to move from the seat beside Caroline.
Klaus knew he was close to getting Caroline; he had worked long and hard and it was paying off. Caroline was finally falling for him. She didn’t push him away anymore and even had conversations with him. Tyler hated it of course but there was nothing he could do about it. He had tried but Klaus was much older and stronger. Klaus only sparred Tyler’s life because Caroline was in tears begging for Klaus to stop hurting Tyler.
“I was wondering when you were going to show up,” Caroline sighed in boredom. She didn’t need to raise her voice since they were both vampires they had super hearing.
“You sound happy to see me,” Klaus smirked as the bartender placed the drinks in front of Caroline and Klaus.
“Well I’m not happy to see you so get over yourself!” Caroline snapped although truthfully she was happy to see Klaus. At first she hated him like most people in Mystic Falls did, but he had started to show a softer side before Elena was turned into a vampire. Then in the past 14 years Klaus had gotten even sweeter not that Caroline thought that was even possible.
She didn’t want to hurt Tyler and she didn’t want to have any feelings for Klaus, but she couldn’t turn it off- her feelings for Klaus.
“I believe you are lying,” Klaus chuckled as Caroline grabbed the flashing shot glass and sculled the alcohol.
“Why would I lie?” Caroline asked trying to hide the doubt from her voice although Klaus could hear it.
“Because you don’t want to hurt Tyler, but I know how you feel my love. Stop fighting it,” Klaus replied as he moved his hand and rested it on Caroline’s. She didn’t move away at first; it felt comforting and right until Tyler’s face appeared in her mind.
“Please don’t do that,” Caroline asked as she moved her hand from Klaus’s. She wasn’t allowed to feel the rush of electricity that was surging through her body from Klaus’s touch; there wasn’t allowed to be a spark. She was with Tyler and she loved him but . . . It was complicated.
Why did everything have to be so complicated?
“Why? Afraid your boyfriend is watching?” Klaus asked; he knew Tyler was lurking and helplessly watching Klaus’s every move. There was nothing Tyler could do but grind his teeth and imagine ripping off Klaus’s head.
Tyler knew Caroline was pulling away from him; he was trying to hold on but it was a waste of time and effort. Klaus had his claws in deep and there was nothing Tyler could do about it.
He and Caroline were practically over; he knew it and she knew it but they both hadn’t admitted to it yet. Tyler didn’t want to let Caroline go; he loved her and Caroline didn’t want to have feelings for Klaus, but she couldn’t help it.
“Don’t taunt him please,” Caroline asked as she twisted in her seat and scanned the area for Tyler although she couldn’t see him; he wasn’t on the dance floor or on the side lines.
Where did he go? Caroline wondered silently.
“Fine how about we dance? Just like old times,” Klaus extended his hand but Caroline slapped it away; as much as she wanted to dance with Klaus she couldn’t. She had to find Tyler first.
“I need to find my boyfriend,” Caroline slid of the stool and headed for the exit. He had to be getting some air.
Come on Tyler where are you? Caroline wondered as she checked the car park behind the club and made her way back to the front. The street was busy with party goers moving from club to club.
“Caroline,” Tyler called out just loud enough for her to hear. Her head snapped to the entrance of the club. Tyler was leaning up against the wall under a dark shadow. His face looked pale, his eyes looked bloodshot and his lips were drawn into a frown.
“Tyler! There you are. I’ve been looking all over,” Caroline sighed in relief as she reached Tyler.
“Really? Well I didn’t think you would notice. You looked pretty comfortable with Klaus,” Tyler snapped.
“Tyler . . . Don’t-”
“No I’m sick of pretending that everything is fine when it’s not. We can’t keep living in denial anymore. You LOVE Klaus; I see the way you look at him so don’t bother denying it!” Tyler shouted. He couldn’t help himself he was hurt and frustrated and hella pissed.
Klaus was ruining his life and had succeeded in stealing his girlfriend. Tyler was done with Klaus. He had already lost Caroline; there was no point clinging onto her.
“What are you saying Tyler?”
“I’m saying go to Klaus I know you want to. I’m getting as far away from him as possible,” Tyler replied regretfully.
“Tyler just hang on okay-” Caroline didn’t want to lose Tyler completely; she still loved him.
“No I can’t do this anymore. I’m sorry Caroline but we’re over. Now go back to Klaus; he’s waiting for you,” Tyler replied before he turned his back on Caroline and left.
Caroline wanted to run after him. She wanted to stop Tyler from leaving her but she knew he was right.
“I’m so sorry Tyler,” Caroline apologised.
How could she love a man that ruined her best friend’s life? That turned Tyler into his little bitch and forced him to bite her? That nearly got Jeremy killed? That came close to killing Bonnie and Hijacked Tyler’s body? And that was only a handful of his offences in Mystic Falls.
“Don’t be it was inevitable,” Klaus suddenly appeared in front of her and had a huge grin on his face.
“This can’t be happening; I can’t feel this way,” Caroline replied frustrated. She felt like screaming and crying at the same time. She loved Tyler. She didn’t mean to hurt him.
“And why not?” Klaus asked as he cupped her chin.
“Because . . . You’re you. You have done a lot of bad things to my friends; to the people I care about,” Caroline tried to fight his grip but failed. She hated how right it felt to be with Klaus.
“I would never hurt you Caroline,” Klaus pulled Caroline closer to him, their faces were now just inches apart.
Caroline couldn’t help but think about Elena. They were best friends and got even closer after Elena’s transition. Caroline was one the vampires to help Elena adjust; as well as Stefan and Damon of course, but Caroline had been fighting her feelings for a while now and it was getting impossible.
“What are you doing?” Caroline’s voice was practically a whisper as Klaus’s lips hovered just inches from hers.
“Tell me to stop and I will,” Klaus whispered as he ran a hand through Caroline’s blonde locks of hair.
She wanted to tell Klaus to stop but she couldn’t find her voice; all she could do was stare into his blue eyes.
“I’ve been waiting for this moment for a very long time,” Klaus smiled before he clashed his lips against Caroline’s. He didn’t count the time he kissed Caroline while in Tyler’s body.

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?
VOTECOMMENTFANADD TO LIBRARY... XOX