< TWENTY EIGHT >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| THE SUICIDE KING | Chapter 28

: Leave Me :

The crowd all gathered around the two men as the town was angry for what they had tried to do

The crowd all gathered around the two men as the town was angry for what they had tried to do. The governor has set them up, allowing the two Dixon brothers to be left in the center of chaos. "Kill 'em! Kill 'em!" Th crowd yelled over the loud crackles of fire. The governor just watched with his now one good eye after his fight with Michonne.

Men, woman, even children all were yelling at them, and the two brothers didn't move a muscle. Daryl was terrified, feeling his heart beating faster by the second and his throat clenching to keep the vomit from rising.

His mind floated back to Natalie, hoping she would be alright and that's all that mattered to him. The crowd kept shouting profanities at them, and Daryl looked over to his brother.

Over in the side lines, Andrea was fighting against Milton who tried to keep her away from her lost group mate. "Let me go. Let me go." She kept repeating.

"You can't go." He tried telling her, but she pushed him away and made her way over to the Governor.

"Let me go. Philip." She tried to call out, only for Martinez to come over to her and out the end of his gun to her stomach and shook his head.

"Stay out of this." He told her coldly.

"He's my friend." She persisted.

"It's not up to me anymore. The people have spoken." The governor said while turning to look at the blonde.

"What?" She breathed out and looked over the family.

"I asked you where your loyalties lie. You said here. Well, prove it. Prove it to us all. Brother against brother." The governor told the town, feeling his eye bleed down the bandage, but made no attempt to wipe it away.

"Yeah." The crowd tells him.

"Winner goes free." The governor stated as the crowd cheered and he walks over to Merle. "Fight to the death." The governor commands and Daryl looked to his brother who had no emotion to his face.

"Philip, please. Don't do this. Don't do this." Andrea pleaded for the two.

Once Merle heard the crowd calling his name he lifted his arm. "Y'all know me. I'm gonna do whatever I got to do to prove..." and that's when he punched Daryl in the stomach, knocking the wind out of him. "That my loyalty is to this town!" He screamed while beaten the shit out of his brother.