< FORTY ONE >

Scratches And Scars • D. Dixon

| LIVE BAIT | Chapter 41

: Scream For Me :

A bullet to the head is what everyone in the governors group received after his attack on them

A bullet to the head is what everyone in the governors group received after his attack on them. He started the engine of a car and the left over men looked at the mess while driving away. They created a camp, knowing it wasn't safe for them anymore and when a walker was snarling and making its way over to him, it stepped in the fire and fell as it was burning.

It crawled and growled at him, him not even making a moving until Martinez came and shot it in its head.

Near morning, he got out of his tent and found he was alone, his military no where around him from his attack. He looked up to the sky and decided to start destroying the town he had created.

The walkers were overtaking, fire eating away the buildings and he was now alone for good. "I've been on the road for a couple of months." He mumbled and in the past he was just walking down an abandoned street.

"By yourself?" A woman asked him.

"Yeah." He muttered.

"Where did you live before that?" She asked him and he looked up at her.

"I was in a town." He told them.

"Were the monsters there?" Another asked and he shook his head.

"No. It was safe. Full of good people." The governor told them.

"What happened?" The first woman asked.

"He just lost it." He whispered.

"Who?" The second woman muttered.

"The man in charge. I barely got out alive." He told them as he stumbled across the town and dodging walkers. He dropped his bag in exhaustion and fell. Looking over the small apartment, he saw a young girl with bright blonde hair.

He got up quickly and started heading that way. With a flashlight in hand, he saw a woman and her holding the child. As he walked closer, another woman held a gun up to his face.

The governor placed his gun and belt on the floor, allowing the woman to take it as he stepped inside.

<><><>

Natalie was cleaning the sheets of Daryl's bed after the illness, everyone was trying to clean the area, people who was infected only could touch the stuff, and she sighed while taking it towards the well.