1. Ittefaq

A/N: Hey there. Good morning, people! I am back with a new short story of them. This is a bit different but I hope you guys will like it. :)

**************************************

Standing still against the window sill she watched the roads below. It was night time for which everything seemed blurry from where she stood.

She was currently standing on the top-most level in a five-star hotel.

Waiting for her to-be fiancé.

She was here to refuse this arrangent of their marriage which was decided by her parents.

For her welfare, they said.

She snorted.

What a load of crap. They only wanted to increase their status by marrying her off to a much richer family. And nothing else.

But she wasn't going to be a part of it. Because someone had apparently told her to do what's right. To fight for what she wanted for herself.

You should always do what you like. What gives you happiness.

And she was just about to do it. The right thing.

She took a deep breath to ward off the nervousness that she felt. She was about to meet the guy for the first time as she had avoided meeting him whenever she could. Making excuses about her art exhibition and many more.

Her mother had informed her that the guy had been impressed when he got to know that she was an artist. She had rolled her eyes inwardly because she knew that the guy was definitely bluffing.

That's because no guy would ever take an interest in a talented woman. That too a successful one.

Except him.

He had shed tears when she drew him his portrait. He had run his fingers over every detail of his painting. Over the tint of sunlight she had painted in his hair.

She had painted a portait of his face gleaming, smiling against the rays of sunshine.

He informed her that no one had cared enough to look at him the way she did.

In a brighter note.

All of a sudden she felt a pang in her heart.

She missed him.

Gulping down the guilt she felt as she remembered the way she had left him...

She froze as she heard a throat-clearing behind her.

It was time.

With a blank look on her face, she finally turned to face the person.

Trying not to gasp aloud, she blinked at the person in front of her.

"Zee.." He whispered.

Unable to speak, she kept on staring at him mutely.

"It's you, then.. The Zubiya Khalil, famous artist." He whispered almost to himself as he kept on staring at her. "Wow. It's a small world, huh?"

Licking her dry lips, she took in a deep breath.

"Doctor Asfandyar? So you lied to me." These were the first words that came out of her mouth. The next moment she wished she could take them back because she knew what would come next as the man in front of her, Dr. Asfandyar or Asfi as she knew raised an eyebrow while smirking at her.

"So did you." He stated bluntly.

"I had reasons." She nervously replied.

"Well, so did I." He stated again.

A few seconds as they mutely stared at each other before Asfi or Dr. Asfandyar sighed loudly.

"We need to talk. Somewhere private." He said as he peered at her meaningfully.

"Why private? What's wrong here? This is clearly a secluded place." Zubiya questioned him. She was not ready to go anywhere with him. At least not so soon.

"Don't tell me you are scared of me now?" He asked, shaking his head while giving her a disbelieving look for a second before shifting closer to her, almost a hair's breadth away and asked as he directly looked into her eyes. "Are you?"

Mesmerized by his beauty as she stared up at him from class for over a minute before she finally replied plainly, "No."

"Great. Then let's go already. We are getting late." He replied before striding away towards the elevator.

After staring disbelievingly at his back for a second she quickly followed him, muttering nonsensical things about him under her breath.

**************************************

Zubiya sat in the passenger seat with her hands crossed and a slight scowl on her face.

She took in her surrounding as they finally slowed down in front of a tall maingate which was quickly opened by a guard who nodded at Asfi with a slight salute.

After parking the car Asfi stepped out without looking at her and walked into the house leaving her alone.

What a douche!

"Come in, already!" She heard him shout from inside.

Cursing him, she finally stepped off the car and walked into the house.

As she stepped inside she could see that the place was well-kept just like her own. But it looked almost bland with the off-white paint and black furniture. Very masculine. Very lonely.

"Welcome aboard. I live here alone." Asfand stated as he looked at her silently as if waiting for her response.

Zubiya gulped nervously.

Alone?

**************************************

PS: Reviews, please?