5. Indecision

Hey there, people! Kaise hain? Did you like the last chapter? Please do review in the form of your comments. And do like it if you liked it.

Let's get ahead then! :D

**************************************

Zubiya sat on her bed and just laid down. Staring up at her ceiling top.

Go away, then.

His words rang in her head as an echo. So loud that she sat upright, gasping for air.

She remembered his almost broken expression when she told him how he might find her dead body on his bed.

The only feeling I have for you is love.. not hate.

Love!

She let out scoffs of disbelief as she replayed his words in her head.

He loves me.

What exactly did he know about love? Just because they had spent almost a month in each other's company, hanged out together... had formed some sort of acquaintance, it all didn't mean anything!

And what about the nonsense that he had blabbered about - the supernatural thing that he said ran in his family?

What- what absolute nonsensical crap was that?!

Zubiya felt an unknown rage boil inside her and to let out some steam she jumped off her bed and started pacing.

He's lying.

Then why did she want to get back to him after she broke off the engagement... and now that it's him that she was supposed to get engaged to...

What's stopping her from accepting him now? Shouldn't she be rejoicing the fact that she will be getting married to the person that she liked and maybe had fallen in love with?

Her ego, her mind whispered.

Just for the sake that it was her father who had also chosen him for her... it irked her to no end.. so much that she refused to get married to him? In that way won't she be the loser here? Because...

She slowly laid down on her bed and closed her eyes tiredly.

Finally. To sleep.

Only if she could, that is.

A certain pair of hurt eyes kept her up the entire night.

**************************************

Opening her eyes to the bright rays pouring through her curtains, she greeted no one with a bright smile.

Flipping around on the bed, she realized she was still wearing the previous day's clothes.

And then she remembered that she had broken off her engagement with him.

No. She did the right thing.

And this time for once she will be the winner against her father.

With a forced smile on her face she set about to start on her day and enjoy her achieved freedom.

**************************************

Sitting in the lawn, she sipped at her tea while reading one of her favorites, Sense and Sensibility. She kept on reading but stopped at a line -

" Sometimes one is guided by what they say of themselves, and very frequently by what other people say of them, without giving oneself time to deliberate and judge. " 

Is that true? Will she be able to stand strong against her father this time?

As she thought over a question popped up in her head:

Will it be worth it? Am I making a mistake?

Lost in her thoughts, she didn't realize one of her servants standing beside her.

"Ma'am.." As the young maid called at her, she broke out of her reverie.

She looked up and found the maid standing a few feet away from her holding a medium-sized brown package.

"Ma'am... this letter has come for you." The maid said.

Zubiya frowned slightly at the package as she wondered..

Nodding slightly, she kept aside her book and cup of tea and said to the maid, "Bring it to me."

The maid gave her the package and walked back into the house, leaving her alone with the package.

Her hands shook as she read the name of the sender on the package:

Dr. Asfandyar Ali Khan.

**************************************

Reviews please!

Love! 🖤🖤🖤