Chapter 25 Continued

The next 30 minutes had to of been the longest 30 minutes of the groups summer, clouds drifted lazily through the sky without a care in the world, the sun, although very slowly, paced across the sky in pursuit of the fleeing clouds. The gentle breeze rolled across the ground, scrapping at it and taking what dust it could, sometimes a leaf or two at most. The groups re-formed with Jack now joining Heiwa as he watched her play her game. Rob had sat beside Amelia now, watching over her intently, Olivia sadly had to leave because the last bus that she could get was coming around. However as soon as one pair of foot steps were heard leaving another pair were heard approaching. The noise, although meant to be nearly silent, was heard by everyone in the area, it echoed loudly as every step and every little sound was exaggerated almost extremely, "who could possibly want to bother us this t- oh it's that Sylveon that George knows" Nathan called out as everyone turned to face the Frogadier who was busy staring at Gabriel as he approached, the Sylveon froze for a second as all eyes feel onto him, but after a moment he continued walking. When he stopped he was on top of the boulder group 2 was sitting around "I do admit this body is very agile, and fast" "yeah we know" George said as he reminisced over the memory of chasing Gabriel down as well as escaping his friends, George still got chills whenever he walked down that path. "Well I can say I'm getting use to it all, check this out" Gabriel said proudly as he moved all his ribbons in a synced dance, they swerved looped and spun around each other gracefully "that's right I can command them all, at will" he amazed the other three with his skills "so how long did this take you to do?" George asked curiously "oh what this? Well not too long, a few hours of just messing around with them" Gabriel admitted as he laid himself across a boulder "so are you taking the shell off again?" Chloe asked, Tom looked at her nervously and then at George nervously, he went back and forth between the two as George made his decision "nah I can't be bothered to go through all the hassle that's involved" Tom breathed a sigh of relief, Gabriel just looked confused "wait again?" "yeah sorry Gabriel I've already shown these two my new party trick" while they talked more Tom looked over at group 4 and chuckled a bit "heh . . . isn't it kinda funny . ." "huh what's funny?" Chloe asked as she too looked at group 4 "well Jack seems to be hanging out with . . . what was it . . . Heiwa? Yeah that's it . . . isn't it funny how just a few weeks ago he was an all guy kinda person" everyone in group 2 looked confused by the Gengar who then went to correct himself "what I mean is, isn't it weird how Jack went from not really being friendly with any of the girls to suddenly being extremely interested in her?" and one by one they put two and two together "no . . ." "you don't really think that he . . . ." "no way" George said "Jack always put sports before anybody else, I mean wasn't his goal to become a sprinter and run for a living right? I don't see how a pers-" "then you're not looking hard enough, people will change all the time, whether you notice or not, we have all changed, I believe for the better, I mean look at me I use to be all doom and gloom, I hated everything . . . and to be honest I didn't know why . . . . but still look at me now, I'm much more social, positive, upbeat and I say preferably a little more relaxed and loose than I was before all of this" Tom let himself leave the boulder and then drift around the group "you may have not noticed it yourselves but you've all changed too" group 2 then begun to look around at each other and then contemplate by themselves. "I guess I've somehow became more positive?" George suggested while he shrugged in defeat "close but not there . . . if you ask me I believe you've become more supportive with others, you've been a good leader" "I haven't done anything though" "well we haven't really done anything as a group at all, hell we didn't meet up this much before you vanished for a week, hell I didn't like any of you guys before I changed . . . no offence" "offence tak-" "it's fine" the chesnaught said as he leaned against the boulder, cutting the ninetales off before she could finish. "Still though, isn't it weird how quickly they become friends? How long ago, a day? and suddenly they're like best friends, something seems off" Tom commented as he kept watching Heiwa and Jack "okay, you don't get to complain, you weren't friends with anyone here, as you just said, and I mean Gabriel is the newest here and look how easily he's been welcomed into the group" Chloe stated as she motioned over to the two mentioned pokenoids, the Sylveon silently agreed as did the Gengar "well . . . . . ah fine, I'll give her a chance, but just a chance, if she starts actin' suspicious at all, I'll be on her case, got that" Tom declared as touched down on the boulder again, ending the decision at hand.