Chapter 2|

Hermione woke up panting the next day. Another bad dream, she had a lot of those nowadays. After the war, it was hard for Hermione Granger, very hard.

    Her parents memories of her were long gone, they remembered nothing of their own daughter. They lived in Australia now, their lives were basically lies. Before, Hermione was their life, well that was until she got her Hogwarts acceptance letter.

    It was hard for Hermione to wipe their memories of her, after that, she was devastated, emotionally broken. After the war, she immersed herself in books of memory charms but, when she went to visit her parents in Australia, one, the spell didn't work and two, they had a child named Hermione. The book said that the spell would only work if the person who was undoing the spell meant enough to the person under it. She was horrified that it failed, it had meant that her parents hadn't loved her enough.

Now, they had new lives, happy ones. Hermione Granger blamed herself for betraying her parents trust of her.

    She looked into the mirror and placed a concealing charm on the ugly, purple bags under her eyes, she looked at the picture of her parents, "Love you." She had done that every single morning ever since she had wiped their memories.

    The witch grabbed her wand off the counter and walked swiftly over to her fireplace and threw floo powder into it, "Hermione Granger's office, Ministry of Magic!" She was soon standing inside her very own office, looking outside the window.
________________________________

"Nott! Where the bloody he—" the witch began.

Theodore was sitting in his office, eating Chocolate Frogs. Boys. "To what do I owe you this pleasant surprise, Granger?"

"We need to work on the case!" She shrieked.

    Theo groaned, "Let me finish my Chocolate Frog."

    Hermione looked at him incredulously, "Chocolate Frog my arse! We need to get on the case, for all we know, there could be another Voldemort rising as we speak!"

    "Not likely. Calm down, we'll do it now," Theodore said calmly.

"How are you so calm? Lives are at stake Theodore!" Hermione shouted, face red.

"Someone's in a bad mood this morning," he grumbled.

"I heard that!" Hermione shrieked.

Theo looked quite amused, "We'll get to the case." He then smirked and added quietly, "after I finish my Chocolate Frog."

Hermione stopped when she heard him say 'We'll get to the case' but, once she heard Chocolate Frog, she exploded. "THEODORE NOTT!"

"My, oh, my, Miss Granger! Shouting is not tolerated! Is it that time of month?" Theodore joked.

Hermione's mouth opened and closed, "Never mention that again! And, of course not!"

"So, are you always like this, then?" Theo asked.

Hermione blushed, "Yes, of course. I'm Hermione Granger."

Theo smirked, "I think you've mentioned that before, Granger. I guess I didn't catch your name the first time."

"Shut up already!" Hermione yelled.
________________________________

    The two former Hogwarts students worked on the case efficiently, a few hours later they had discovered lots of evidence. They had replayed the memories of witnesses many times, they had found out that Hermione was correct. Death Eaters are gathering once again.